1.3

I bought my house in November, it has an ADT system I just needed to contact an authorized dealer or ADT directly for activation. I decided going with ADT and not an authorized dealer thinking there would be better customer service.

I contacted them as a new customer and asked them if there were any specials for new customers. I was told there wasn't and I had to pay 49.99 monthly, this is without any special equipment or pulse. Prior to the service tech coming out I received a notice in the mail from ADT not an authorized dealer, stating there is a deal for new homeowners/customers...36 mo contract, 19.99 monthly for 12 months and 29.99 the remainder of the term. I asked the tech about it and told him I was being charged a ridiculous amount for a new customer and asked him to contact his office to discuss.

He called and wasn't very much help at all. They would not honor deal and actually told me they told him to pick a price, so he did...39.99 monthly for 3 years...went down 10.00 and that's because I don't have pulse. I wasn't thrilled but he already activated the system and I needed to secure my home. I was also in shock that they did little to honor their promotion let alone tell me there was no specials for new customers.

Meanwhile I'm getting flyers in the mail from authorized dealers who have better promotions and would be happy to have my business. I'm not letting this go, I called ADT and asked to speak to a manager multiple times. I keep getting people who can't do anything and won't honor the promotion. This past weekend I got another brochure from ADT promoting the same deal they won't honor for me.

I am a new customer and I did sign a 36 mo agreement but they won't honor their price. Stop sending me brochures and throwing it in my face every week if your not going to honor it. The last call was today after receiving the last brochure. The women told me what they did was sufficient and they don't have to lower the price.

She then said I only signed a 12 month contract so why would they honor that deal. I pulled out my contract and sure enough it's 3 years. I told her and she said it is 3 years and doesn't know why it said 12 months. The customer service rep before her said that I was paying for pulse and that's why it's so much but the reality is I'm not paying for pulse.

They're so incompetent, shady and left such a bad taste in my mouth. They wouldn't do anything to fix the situation, told me they don't have to lower the price or honor deal. I said if they weren't going to do anything I was going to contact BBB and report them and go with another dealer. She could careless and said "ok goodbye".

I was appalled with the lack of customer service, care for their customers and unethical ways. ADT does not care about your business, nor honoring a promotion. They're dishonest, unethical and unwilling to fix things. I can't trust that they have people with integrity working for them, makes me wonder if they actual monitor my home or even care.

I will be contacting BBB and most likely the news.

People need to be aware of this unethical company and their lack of concern so that they don't take advantage and victimize any more potential customers. BEWARE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments