Last September, an ADT representative came to our home for a security system demonstration, as usual with prospective clients.

He punched *** (about 1 inch diameter, picture attached) into our wall without asking for authorization to do so, mentioning that the law requires ADT to perform this operation with all prospective clients to ensure that sufficient cellular signal is available. He then installed an ADT control system onto our wall.

We ended up not buying the system because, after this demonstration, we were offered the service at a price higher than what we had agreed upon in a previous phone call (unacceptable marketing technique). After insisting for a while on the features of the ADT system and reminding us multiple times about theft dangers, the representative removed the system and left promising that our wall hole would have been taken care of.

We were given an email address and a phone number. We engaged to request a refund but still haven't received the money after almost a year. We provided a quote from our handyman ($50) to repair the hole and then, upon a request we received via paper mail, we provided a quote from a "licensed professional" as requested in the letter ($680, because licensed professionals in our area often require a minimum payment). Needless to say that we spent plenty of our busy time preparing these quotes.

After sending this last quote, I waited several weeks for more calls, emails, or paper letters. After weeks of silence from ADT, I started calling multiple times again, and when I finally got in touch with a helpful representative I learned that our request had been rejected, but no evidence was available about the cause of this rejection. Moreover, it sounded like our files were not easily accessible anymore. I sent an additional email attaching previous communication to ask for an update of our case but did not hear back. At this point, I spent plenty of my time with emails and calls and still have *** in my wall that needs to be fixed. I am definitely a "pissed consumer". I hope I will receive an answer here and will be able to follow up with a positive comment on resolution of this issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Compensation of hole repair as a minimum ($50-680) and of lost time.

ADT Pros: Good technology.

ADT Cons: Support to compensate for damage.

• Bad Customer Support
  • Home Damage
  • Adt Home Damage

Comments

Teretha

Update: this review is potentially consistent with my experience: https://adt.pissedconsumer.com/not-satisfied-201808281340755.html

Teretha

Mazen, I am disappointed to observe that, despite having sent a message to AlwaysThere@adt.com as you suggested, nobody has yet replied to my message after 6+ weeks. Is this normal practice with ADT? Giancarlo

@Teretha

Update: I left a separate complaint about ADT not following up on the comment here: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/account/reviewUpdate/1678898.html

Atha

Hello Giancarlo- We're sorry you had to go through this. May we have your phone number and the address associated, along with a detailed issue description emailed to AlwaysThere@adt.com so that we can further review and assist?

Thank you. - Mazen

@Atha

I sent the requested info to AlwaysThere@adt.com on August 23 (over 10 days ago) and am still waiting to hear back from ADT. Looking forward to a positive resolution to this issue.

ADT Reviews