Boston, Massachusetts

In February I requested that ADT upgrade our home security system. The system was outdated and not working.

I gave the sales rep a check for $471 in advance for work not yet scheduled. The next day I checked my bank account and noticed that $471 was deducted twice from my account. After some investigation, the bank admitted that the sales rep from ADT had called in this debit by phone twice and had not processed the one check properly. I was fortunate that the bank realized that this was an unauthorized debit and they reversed the charges so I am not out $942.

However, ADT has subsequently sent me a bill for $942 for work never done and for work that was supposed to only cost $471. If I'm harassed any further by ADT they will be looking at a consumer fraud case.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

• Computer security

Comments

the same happen to us with ADT they doubled dip our acct- and harassed us so, bad we had to change banks and tele number. :( :(

Good Evening, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our company and would like to make sure we get you taken care of.

Please send us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out.

Thanks. -Dan