Chicago, Illinois

This guy TOM called my apartment 5 times today trying to sell me "Home Protection". 4 times I told him to take me off the list.

The Fifth time I told him, "Sure Tom. Sign me up." So tom handed me off to someone named Richard London who said that he worked for "Smart House Protection" at 855- 217-6278. The Business ID is 8106682. That number is actually for www.theburglaralarmstore.com/adt/.

But he said his parent company is at 888-238-2727, which is www.adt.com/customer-service. So it would seem that this TOM calling me 5 times today was doing so for ADT, YES?

Comments

The best thing is to say something along the lines of STOP CALLING or start swearing. However, its only a few weeks before they call again.

It seems like a waste of time on their part. I rent so they really should take me off their list.

This is a robocall from Monitronics Home Security Systems. They use a variety of phone numbers to call you.

Look them up online. They are not a company you want to be doing business with.

STOP TOM TODAY. ITS EASY.

HERE’S HOW I JUST DID IT. FOR WEEKS I HAVE BEEN GETTING CALLS FROM CALLERID TEXAS (281) 918-3003. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN HE ROBOCALLS YOU AND JUST SIMPLY SAY NOTHING. NOTHING.

THEN. AFTER A FEW MOMENT HIS VOICE WILL SAY SOMETHING LIKE OH SORRY TO HAVE BOTHERED YOU. OR HE WILL ACKNOWLEDGE NO ONE ON THE PHONE SO HE APOLOGIZES AND DISCONNECTS. DONE.

NO MORE CALLS FROM HIM!!! YEAH!!!

I get these calls, too, and they are very annoying. I wish there were some way to stop getting them.

It's not ADT, but a dealer for ADT. Look it up.

Know who or what company you're bashing before posting. Dealers are authorized to sell ADT equipment, but it's not actually Corporate ADT.

I tend to have the same problem with Wells Fargo wanting to refinance my almost paid off house..

I have asked nicely time and time again to NOT be called and that I'd NEVER do business with them...EVER.

So...when they call, I vent in the most obscene and aggressive way possible--actually, it is a stress reliever and I feel better about it....

I will say, it's been a few months since they've called---I suspect they'll call any day now...and I will verbally abuse them.

Some just NEVER learn....

ADT Reviews