My Name is Joseph Morte: I demand an appology from the individual, Mr. Eric Calande responsible for formally accusing me of a bate-and switch tactic in securing a contract for an ADT security system in his home. Specifically, he is claiming that I offered him a month to month agreement, not the two year agreement he now faces. Let me say that there are two sides to every story!!

The fact is, I have never met Mr. Calande nor have I ever communicated with him either by phone, the internet or any other means. Negotiations were between myself and Ms. Yvonne Ku, Mr.Calande's (spouse/domestic partner).

During my employment as a ADT Resale Rep, I've never offered any month to month contract to any customers. To my knowledge, the company would never have authorized or processed any agreement/contract stipulating such terms. Therefore, it would have been a waste of time for me to have made such an offer.The document signed by Ms. Ku makes no mention of a month to month agreement and no addendums or additions were ever made to the contract, prior to Ms. Ku's signature. Mr. Calande was mis-informed and not by me.

Furthermore, the agreed upon contract was a "USAA Member" contract with no warranty or service agreement. There were no pending bonuses or incentives associated with my securing an agreement. Therefore my personal compensation in this case was considerably below average.

These types of contracts serve to benefit the client and the company far more than the sales rep. It makes no sense for me to have done what I'm being accused of. I'm angry, and await a formal appology on this web site and all others presenting such accusations by Mr. Calande.

Joseph Morte

Review about: Adt Security System.

Had an Experience with ADT?

Comments

#194816

and is still waiting to get paid commissions earned. highly unethical company run by jesus freaks who compare God to a security system

ADT Security is a joke! And a ripoff too!

I know because I worked for them for almost 2 years as a commercial and residential service engineer in Arizona.

I designed, installed and tested technical security systems at US embassies and consulates before I retired from the USG and went to work for ADT. I am an electronic engineer and had specialized USG training in all aspects of technical security. I did military communications systems engineering for 23 years prior to working in security.

When ADT hired me, they promised 30 days of training and I got nothing! They also said I would earn $75k but it was less than half that amount. And ADT managers, who knew nothing about security, expected and demanded that service personnel do at least 7 service calls per day, regardless of the complexity of the problem. Service crews were sent out with no parts and often had to call other service personnel to see if they were nearby and had the part needed.

ADT installs alarm systems that do not work and when a burglary does happen, they tell the customer ADT is not liable since the customer did not test his alarm system monthly as they are supposed to do.

Most homeowners would not even know if their system was communicating or not with ADTs monitors (they either have a communication link over a telephone circuit or a wireless connection via a cell radio transmitter). I personally saw situations where the system was installed and not working...

Yet despite all the shortcomings, ADT sees fit to charge $30-40 a month for a false sense of security - it's all about profit and little to do with customer service and satisfaction.

And ADT has no installation standards, installer training, or spare parts on service trucks. I was sent to one customer’s home which was about a 1 hour ride away; when I arrived he needed a few standard 1.5 volt batteries and I had none on my truck. I had to drive to the nearest Ace hardware and buy them using my own money. At other residences, I found the heavy alarm panel mounted with only drywall screws (it was falling off the wall), exposed conductors on wires, panels installed upside down, and sensors that had been installed days ago falling off.

ADT sales reps know little about security principles and how to design a proper alarm system. They advertize the $99 special, which is OK for a studio apartment at best, and then use the bait and switch scam to get the customer to shell out $1000 or more for an “expanded” home alarm system. Sales reps are out to maximize the total sale dollar amount since they get paid on commission.

And ADT will take over any system ever installed by anyone else, as long as the customer pays the $30-40 monthly fee. Then ADT will not have trained personnel or parts to support these odd ball systems when they do fail.

Buyer beware! It is a known fact that a big guard dog is a better deterrent for burglary! And keep in mind that a critical factor for any alarm system is the time it takes for police to respond to the alarm– if you are in a remote location and it takes 30 minutes for police to get there, burglars have this much time to crash and grab.

I can PROVE this much. Your (ADT) company crossed state lines to sell me (YES, SELL OUTRIGHT) an alarm system with a ONE YEAR WARRANTY, period! I have the paperwork with company heading on it.

We chose to NOT monitor due to outside reasons. We were burglarized six months later and I contacted ADT about adding on their monitoring service. (hmmm, wonder if they hire burglars to increase business/sales?)

I was informed that we had a *** three or five year LEASE agreement and NOT a purchase because your little *** (yes, he hit on me!) salesman changed the papers after we did the deal! Yes, he ALTERED THE SALES AGREEMENT. So did the second office we dealt with.

By the way, the salesman came back to "visit and ask me to lunch sometime" a few weeks after. You bunch of homos!

This is just the start of my experience with you lying bunch of out-of-work used car salesmen.

We have a writer of a NATIONAL MAGAZINE in our company and I intend to get this story and many others published indicating ADT's sorry assed service. Nevermind the USED equipment they threw in the attic and called "installation."

The STATE ELECTRICAL Inspector is returning to issue ADT a non-code compliance summons. I PREVENTED this the first time the STATE INSPECTOR arrived on this site. Now, I welcome him to check out ADT's "installation."

Ohh, those nasty State court appearances, summons, subpoenas, depositions...

Arhus, Arhus, Denmark #35129

Mr.Morte is correct, he and I have never met or spoken.

I'm not here to attack his character, I've simply posted our side of the story and the details as we know them. My wife and two of her friends were the ones present during the contracts signing but I have no reason to think my wife or her friends are lying. In the interest of getting past the "he said, she said" phase, I'm more than willing to consider this a simple and unfortunate misunderstanding that occurred during the signing. I'm a consumer who came to this site to tell my side of a story, nothing more.

I even notified ADT that I was planning to post my side of events and ADT agreed that it was unfortunate but the ADT manager whom I spoke with said he would do the exact same. Now, according to ADT HQ, a sales rep *CAN* convert a contract to month-to-month by including a hand written note on the contract before filing, this is what they told me during one of my many calls to ADT customer service. Additionally, all ADT contracts convert to month-to-month once the contract terms are fulfilled. So ADT is certainly no stranger to month-to-month contracts.

ADT HQ, claims they cannot alter a contract without the consent of the sales rep who sold the contract. ADT also claimed they contacted Mr. Morte several times on my behalf in an attempt to have my contract altered. It's quite possible these claims made by ADT are false, it's impossible to know.

My apologies to Joseph if ADT HQ...

Morte. ADT HQ should have easily been capable and willing to alter my contract or offer some sort of compromise without the involvement of Mr. Morte but they seem to have little interest in working with a customer once a contract is signed from what I could tell. After months of trying to work with ADT and after talking to countless managers, all I could do was contact the Better Business Bureau and file a formal complaint.

The BBB contacted ADT who was quick to respond with a message claiming they had a resolution for me. When I contacted ADT I was told there was no resolution. With nowhere left to turn, I contacted the Attorny Generals Office and filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs Office. They took my case, called ADT and amazingly the contract was altered from 2 years to 11 months.

I am assuming this was accomplished without the consent, involvement or the knowledge of Mr. Morte? Again Joseph, in the end I think this was a misunderstanding compounded by the actions of ADT HQ. This entire process stretched 10 months.

I first contacted ADT in 2007 and it wasn't until August of 2008 that I was released from contract.Thank you Joseph for responding to this post and telling your side.

Souda, Khania, Greece #21575

what a winner, I'm tired of hard working americans getting *** by poor customer service...this and poor quality products.it seems like lazzyness will never make money.