I was sold a high end alarm system PULSE when I requested for a simple system. PULSE required use of apps on devices which I could get to work.

On July 22, 2013, I met with my Sales Representative at my home for a security system consultation. I expressed that I wanted a simple system. She kept talking about PULSE - but I was clueless what this was. I reminder her that I only needed a simple system.

An installation was scheduled and this system (PULSE PLUS) was installed on August 5th. There were already problems from the start and a tech was sent out on the 10th to begin to resolve the problem. Because he was 2 hours late, we had to reschedule to have him continue resolving the problem. Two weeks pass and the tech didn't show up for our scheduled appointment.

I made multiple phone calls to Tech support to try to get some help, many times being placed on hold up to 45 minutes. I called my Sales Rep for help too, sometimes she'd call me back - still issue unresolved. With all of the challenges, frustrations and irritations of trying to get this system to operate easily, without success, I finally said, "That's enough." I contacted the company to schedule a complete removal of the system with the company after they were unwilling to simplify my system to what I had originally requested for (simple). The removal was completed on October 4.

I was assured by Letitia that a full refund would be in place after the system was removed. I'm still waiting for that refund. During one of my conversations with my Sales Rep, she stated that the system came with a "100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee up to six month or your money back." Yesterday, I received a bill statement from ADT in the amount of $632.02 for the Installation Charge - FINAL SUMMERY OF ACCOUNT. I sent a copy of this bill to ADT requesting that this balanced be taken off and to show that I do not owe anything.

When I requested for my removal, there was no notification that there would be a charge of any kind. What I found consistent with this company was that it was all about the dollar and lacked hugely in customer service.

This is a perfect example.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry for the frustration this experience has caused and would like to assist you further.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. -Andrew