Tampa, Florida

Over the years with ADT, was generally satisfied with their service. They were a little slow to respond to an alarm (I tested them), but otherwise okay.

I recently switched to another company who was able to offer more up-to-date services. It happens. Called ADT to cancel. No problem they said.

I would even get a $3.75 refund of unused contract time. That was lie number one.Month went by and not only no credit, but was billed for another month. Called and asked about the credit and what to do about the latest bill. Was told to ignore the latest bill and that my credit card would be credited.

Reason for the delay was that it took them 30 days to complete their paperwork. (Really??!!) Lie number 2.Called a third time with the same concern. Got a similar answer, but was told "no problem" and that credit card would show refund on Feb 28 (the following day). Lie number 3.Today is March 4, still no refund on my credit card and was informed when I called that "we don't provide refunds of less than $5.00." Maybe, but then why all the lies beforehand.

(And, hey, it's MY MONEY!) The rep went on to say that I still owed the extra 30 days, because "that's our policy." That might also be true.

(The first potential truths to come from their mouths in this whole mess.)Anyone who signs up with ADT for their security ... well, the wall-to-wall complaints you see on this site should tell you all you need to know.And that's no lie.

Comments

Good Evening, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our billing department once you requested to cancel your services and would like to look into this for you further.

Please send your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to you.

Thank you. -Dan