Casper, Wyoming

ADT (Home Defender, Defender Home, Home Security) keeps billing us and won't cancel our service even though we have completed our 3 year contract. They have been horrible to work with.

They say they record the calls but apparently they don't review them. They are crooks and are very dishonest. We have spent hours on the phones trying to get them to quit sending harassing emails and phone calls. We have opted out of their emails but they keep sending them.

We have sent faxes in to cancel service as they requested and that didn't work. We have spent hours on the phones with them and they have said it is handled but they keep billing us. I have been trying to cancel their service since April 4th or 5th of 2013 and even today Aug 13th I get a call from their collection department demanding we pay another month of service. This is wrong and very unprofessional.

They are a terrible company to do business with and I hope someone can get them under control.

I have been in business for 25 years and base everything on honesty and integrity. ADT and it's affiliates are dishonest and have no integrity.

• poor home security services
  • home security ripoffs
  • home defender services

Comments

ADT said they can't cancel me bc I can't remember the passcode. Their are but so many passwords I use, & they said none of them were it.

They said that they would sent the code to me via email mail, & weeks later i still don't have it. What should I do?

@Grace

They've never completed installation. Wires still hanging out of the walls, doors, and windows after 2 months.

Faxed cancellation within 3 days, they say they haven't received it so they keep sending technicians that want to stick ugly sensors all over our brand new custom prewired home!

They keep billing for monitoring of a system that isn't even installed!! What are they monitoring??

ADT won't stop billing us. We have been canceled for several months and they keep telling us we will get a refund.

We just keep getting bills. This company is the worst!

Same issue they sent it to collections and refuse to send me the contract. Seems this is going to go to court.

I am going through the same thing. Made note of when my contract was up.

Called ADT ahead of time to tell them I would not be renewing. Called my Credit Card Company to stop automatic payments.

4 months later they still call me and send bills. ADT is a horrible Company!

I completely agree with this complaint and had/ have the same issues. ADT are crooks, scam artists, and liars!

Horrible company to deal with.

I own a family jewelry store that is completely based off of integrity, ADT has none. We have been in business for 39 years.

@Colin 24

39 years? ADT has been in business for over 100 years, so which company has the integrity? :grin

@JSprague

i guess prostitution must be the business with most integrity then. LOL!

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your experience with ADT and the Authorized Dealer and would like to assist you further.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. -Andrew

My experience is that they run a scam when you need to change addresses or cancel. In one case they insisted that I owed them for the system equipment in the home that I sold, yet I had the canceled check for that purchase in-full.

In another case they said we signed an agreement that we would provide a minimum of 5 years notice before cancelling and would pay the full 5 years if we did not. They turned us over to collection. We insisted, as did our attorney, they they produce the signed agreement.

They could not. ADT business practices are among the worst I have ever seen.

ADT Reviews