After my husband passed away, I thought getting a home security system would be a good idea. I had received a flyer from ADT stating you could get their service for $99 installed.

When the installers came (they did not work directly for ADT, they were "authorized dealers" and independent) they installed my entire system. AFTER the system was installed, they gave me the final bill which was $2000! I was so upset, I burst out into tears. I had no idea it would cost so much and they should have discussed how much it would be BEFORE they installed everything.

I was in a bad place emotionally with my husband's passing and just paid it instead of arguing.

Now, a year later, I am moving. I called the ADT number to have my system taken out and moved to the new house. The guy at the answer center that I spoke with said since I owned the equipment, the techs would come and take it out of my house and hook it up in the new house.

Wrong! The tech that would install it said I would only get a small credit, which wouldn't be much since I have only had the system for 14 months and I would have to pay for all new equipment. So what did my $2000 go for? Nothing apparently.

I hate ADT for scamming me and ripping me off at a weak emotional time of my life. They prey on people and do not care, which is funny for a home security company that should care. Of course now I have to pay to get out of my 3 year contract too. What a waste of money.

I would probably get more in insurance claims if anyone broke in my house and stole anything than what I have paid to these rip off artists.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry for your loss and for the frustration this concern has caused you and would like to assist you further.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. -Andrew