Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1.7K views

I just saw you commercial. It's been probably 3 years since I was with ADT but this is why I'm not a customer any longer.

Came home from work to find, I had been robbed. All my Jewelry gone. The sentimental value was priceless, my T.V's, stereo, Camcorder, camera everything electronic I owed. Called ADT and told them, I'd been robbed.

Why did my alarm not go off. They said , it did. But the alarm was turned off immediately so when alarms are turned off that quickly, they assume the home owner set it off by accident. I'm like, you've got to be kidding me.

So you didn't call the residence or any emergency contacts, or police??? They said it's policy to assume the home owner turned it off, when it's turned off quickly. Well I didn't turn it off, it was the robber. It was clear someone had my pass code, but it was not me and the ALARM had gone off.

I paid ADT for many years for one *** at ADT to make a bad decision. I was given no restitution.No call from a supervisor, nothing!!!! I filed a police report but nothing was ever found or even an apology from ADT. I wished I'd have sued for my both my loss of personal items, but my insurance deductible and all past premiums I had paid.

I had paid ADT in good faith and received no service. My new company, calls every timethe alarm is triggered if you don't know the password, they call the police, NO Matter what.

Never use ADT. They don't care and suck!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Comments

With the installer code it cannot be used to deactivate the alarm, if so then these alarm manufacturers, not ADT or so forth will face liabilities. I work with DSC systems which ADT also uses and the installer code can definitely NOT deactivate an armed alarm system

Unless a customer specifically requests burglar alarms should be called on whether out not the code is put in, once that code is put in, it's logged as a false alarm/homeowner canceled alarm.

You need to make sure your code is not something easy, like 1234, 5555, etc, and also change your code here n there. Anyone can watch in a window and see what you put in.

When my system was installed, I grabbed some papers he was going to toss along with the boxes the system came it. The paper was the Programmers manual for the system.

They leave the Users manual with you, but will toss the Programmers manual. The programmers manual shows there is also an "installers" code to activate the system too in addition to the "user" code you set. The programmers manual even states what the default "installers" code is. So, if the installer did not change the factory default "installer" code, anyone knowing that code could break in and deactivate your system.

Nice.

First thing I did was use the Programmer's manual to show me how to change the "installer" code to protect myself. I wonder how many alarms I could turn off with the default "installer" code if I was a bad guy?

Nice.

@installer code backdoor

I'm not ADT fan by any means but the installer code will NOT deactivate the alarm if the main user code was used to arm the system. The installer code can be used to arm and disarm ONLY if armed by the installer code.

Just remember you are trusting all of your valuables in your home to a system (assuming it's not the basic system) of $2100 to protect everything you own and you and your families life. Where I sell and install security systems your first line of defense needs to be a good quality deadbolt (I would recommend Emtek or a Schlage B560 (these are grade 2 commercial) that are only sold by locksmiths NO box stores). You will easily pay $50 -$70 for one and I would definitively have a locksmith come out and install it with 3"screws.

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten" ... anonymous

#420631

Trust me on this one. It is not policy to ignore a residential alarm when it is turned off.

The call still has to be made and the person on premise must properly identify themselves by a code. Sounds like you were lied to again because they did not know what else to say.

@Ex ADT

ADT is terrible. I left them after a break in.

Came in through a window and could see alarm was on so they never left that one room.

Of course that window wasn't monitored since it would have "cost extra" per the installer.

I have a great DIY system now

ADT Reviews