Teresa M Otg

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

ADT (POOR SERVICE PROVIDER)

We have been with ADT for over 5 years at this residence and 10+ more with other residences. They do NOT value customers.

We have been patient and have spent well over 4 hours on the phone with them since yesterday! Our alarm panel has been going off intermittently for weeks now. I spent time with their technician fixing this virtually yesterday. It seemed we were good and "fixed" with a couple bad sensors being sent as replacements.

UNTIL last night at 3 am with the alarm doing the same thing and waking everyone up (from beeping) with NO faults showing. Since I couldn't sleep, I was on the phone with them at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm and again at 2 pm!! We cant sleep like this! Always being told a manager would call me back, but never bothering to!

I spoke with Marissa (manager) and was told Nicole Kennedy (another manager) was going to call me back. They just ignore you! They could care less if your alarm is going off in the middle of the night EVERY night! You are not a priority!

Then I was told I was being directed to the WRONG department (general service) instead of field operations. I call field operations and they tell me, I have to wait until the 31st (over a week) with alarm going off randomly during the night. Then management told them to inform me that I could shut my entire system down. Anything happens to our place, I am handing these calls over to my insurance to go after (if anything happens here) ADT for their lack of providing for our protection paid service from them.

This company is a disgrace. Come to find out so many other customers are having the same issue per the last ADT agent I spoke to. What are we all actually paying for?

Disgraceful. They don't deserve even 1 star as the don't care about clients as reflected in their reviews.

Date of experience: May 21, 2024

Pros:
  • Good system when it works properly
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service for issues requiring technicians
  • No long term customer service priority

Preferred solution: Acknowledgement of poor customer service and getting a technician out here (or to anyone) faster in emergency situations. Telling people to shut their systems off and deactivating areas of your home until they can prioritize you is not acceptable.

User's recommendation: Don't use their service!

ADT

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re sorry to hear about this experience, and we would like to further assist you in getting this resolved.

Please reach out to us directly at Alwaysthere@***.com. Please include the address/phone number to the account and a copy of your post.

Tiffany M Kxk

Verified Reviewer

Was told lies to switch over

ADT - Was told lies to switch over

ADT panels do not allow you to see cameras through them or talk through them, nor does your wireless doorbell ring through the panel. It can only ring through your personal device or if you buy a hub, which costs almost $300 and requires you to pay another fee per month to use this feature. At least with Safehaven, you could see the cameras through the panel and answer the front door through the panel, instead of opening the door to strangers. My children are not allowed electronic devices so they don't know if someone is at the door or not without the bell ringing.

Not to mention, I was told I could try the system for six months and if I didn't like it, I would be refunded and the contract cancelled. The man gave me a quote for two outside cameras, a doorbell camera panel, sensors for three doors, and a motion sensor in the living room for a quoted total of $66 between service and rent-to-own equipment payment.

However, when the technician showed up to install the system, there was a mistake. I ended up having to purchase an additional outside camera because the agent had only included one in the quote. Consequently, my price went from $66 flat to $75.17 per month. To rectify the situation, they offered me seven months of free service, during which I would just pay the $26+ a month for the equipment.

Additionally, no one has shown us how to use this system at all. I was told twice I'd receive an email with instructions and once that a manual would be sent out. I didn't get any stickers or signs to warn people we have the system. This was poorly handled.

Worse still, we only originally went with Safehaven ADT, who works with ADT, because they lied to me and told me their equipment provided certain services, which it didn't. I paid ten installments towards Safehaven ADT and, because I was moving, I was able to cancel the Safehaven contract (after only 10 out of 36 payments) just to start completely over with lies to get me to switch to ADT directly and opt out of Safehaven's contract legally. This resulted in me paying more per month for 36 months for fewer services.

It would be wiser not to sign a contract with anyone. Using Ring cameras with Alexa would be a better solution. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Nicer customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't do it! Do your research first!

Cayce T Uui

5 Years of Loyalty Means Nothing to These Scammers

ADT - 5 Years of Loyalty Means Nothing to These Scammers

I am appalled at how ADT is treating me after my five years of loyalty. On December 7th, a Brinks tech misrepresented themselves and told me there was a merger with ADT, and they will be upgrading my equipment at no cost to me.

It wasn't until after I signed the paperwork and ADT contacted me that I realized what happened. Luckily there was a three-day window to cancel without penalty the agreement I erroneously made with Brinks / Skyline Security. It is deeply troubling that while the scammers came swiftly in and out of my life, my attempts at remaining loyal to ADT have been an ongoing struggle for weeks. It has felt like pulling teeth trying to resolve this.

I am a single woman living in the City of Atlanta, and I have been without coverage since Dec.

7th because of ADT dragging their feet and feeding me incorrect information at every turn. For weeks it has taken multiple attempts at being on hold for 45 - 60 min. to get an appointment with a tech or speak to someone from customer support. I have to explain my situation repeatedly to each person I speak with.

The last tech who came out told me that he could not move forward with my service until I paid him $89, and he confirmed with his supervisor that there was no way around it, so I had to send him away. This was AFTER I was promised that I would not have to pay on-site, and the tech should be able to bill it to my account which will be credited. This is a season when home invasions are high, and the stress of not being protected on top of having to repeatedly plead my case has done irreversible damage. I have had to take time away from my job to accommodate ADT multiple times to no avail.

Even my initial tech appointment was rescheduled almost a week out due to ADT's insufficient staffing, so on three separate occasions I have taken off from work for four-hour blocks and still, nothing has been resolved.

On many occasions I told Customer Support and even legal when they briefly reached out that I am not in the position to pay $89, especially for a tech to connect a wire and a screw into my wall, a job that takes 10-15 minutes max as I have witnessed before. This is based on how long it took Brinks to swap out my panels during their scam--I have the original panel, and the wires are sticking out of my wall still. I contacted an account manager, and she assured me that ADT would cover the costs in an effort of good-faith for all of my trouble, so we rescheduled for this morning. Yet, today ahead of my scheduled appointment, I received more contrary messaging via text message to what I have been reassured of so far.

This morning I spent more than 1 hr.

with a woman who tried everything that she could to retain me. Evidently someone is explicitly lying to us about how long this appointment is estimated to take in order to maximize their profits. She relayed that they would need more time than the FOUR HOUR window to reconnect my panel. As I mentioned before, everything is already in the wall, the wires are exposed, and I still have my original panel that is ready for installation.

It baffles me that Brinks is able to switch out a panel in 10 minutes while ADT requires many hours. This is another example of ADT's commitment to both stall and scam their customers.

The icing on the cake is that I am now being told I entered into a six-year contract (huh??) in 2018 which doesn't end until 9/22/24 (how convenient), so now I owe the following because I am cancelling:

Remaining balance: $231.77

Cancellation fee: $140.22

For clarity, last week an account manager told me that my contract is ending, and she made a GREAT offer for me to extend it by three years. I declined and told her that we could revisit that conversation once I ensured that all would be resolved by ADT at no additional cost to me. Why would she tell me that and make that offer if I am contractually bound for another 9 months?

There has been zero accountability for the piles of misinformation I have received. Every step of this process has made evident ADT's desperation for money--lying strategically, jerking hard-working people around and shaking us down by any means necessary. Each person I spoke with told me what I wanted to hear to try and keep my business, and then I had to repeat the process with each new call and advocate for myself all over again. I am exhausted from ADT's abhorrent treatment towards me, and I am stressed about my home not being protected and my safety being jeopardized.

ADT is shamelessly fraudulent, and I am positive that there are many more loyal customers like myself who are trying to mitigate a similar experience. I will tell everyone I know about how I was treated by ADT.

Pros:
  • Are far behind in technology and customer service
Cons:
  • Lie through their teeth to maximize profits taking advantage

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't get tricked, steer clear

ADT

Hello. We received your review on Trustpilot and have responded there. Thank you.

Andrea N Iig

Death Certificate of Joann Bernabei

ADT - Death Certificate of Joann Bernabei
Copy of Death Certificate of Joann Bernabei- DOD 03-21-2024 See attachment for account #6813****- From Andrea J.Nation @ 208 Harvard Ave.Steubenville, Ohio 43952
Pros:
  • Always feel safe
Cons:
  • Not at all

Preferred solution: Account in my name

User's recommendation: Try using ADT

ADT

Hello. We're terribly sorry to learn of the loss of your family member.

Our team would be happy to assist you. Please email AlwaysThere@***.com with a copy of your review/concern, along with the phone number and address where the service is located.

Please kindly also include a signed letter requesting cancellation of the account with a copy of the death certificate. Thank you.

Debbie R Nwh

Selling Product False Advertising

ADT - Selling Product False Advertising
ADT - Selling Product False Advertising - Image 2

I purchased the Google Nest doorbell and camera with FREE Installation, and sells person didn't tell me until after I made the purchase that free installation was virtual!!! I told her that is not what I wanted nor does it say that anywhere- she hung up on me and when I call back a woman named Charita said she would waive the fee to have someone come out to install this for me.

I made the apt and a man from Safe Haven came out. He told me he couldnt install this doorbell. I angrily called ADT back several times and ask for refund and to cancel. I keep getting transferred and I on the phone for hours.

I was told TWICE that they were going to email me the return label and I have not received it! In the meantime you are holding my money hostage yet you wont send this label out!!!

User's recommendation: Do not deal with buying anything from ADT

ADT

Hello. Our sincere apologies to learn of this disheartening experience you've had.

Our team would be delighted to assist you.

Please email a copy of your review/concern along with the phone number and full address where the service is located to AlwaysThere@***.com. Thank you.

Debbie R Nwh

Return - refund money

ADT - Return - refund money
ADT - Return - refund money - Image 2
I purchased a doorbell. The one you advertised w free installation only to find out after purchase that the installation was virtually. I asked to cancel and refund my money and was told they would waive the installation fee and someone would come out. Safe Haven came out and they informed me that this nest doorbell was not their product and could not install. I called ADT back several times since for 4 days now and not only will you not refund my money but you refuse to send the label you keep promised so I can send this doorbell back. All I want is my money back!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Be prepared to be transferred several times
  • Make it extremely hard to return their requirement
  • Are rude and will not help the customer

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Be careful- ADT doesn’t explain their products well and will constantly transfer you. No one wants to take the time to do their job, instead they simply push you off on another person. Another thing they failed to telll me is. They just monitor your system. They Do Not do installations

ADT

Hello. Our sincere apologies to learn of this unsettling experience.

Our team would be delighted to assist you.

Please send us a copy of your review/concern, along with the telephone number and address where the service is located to AlwaysThere@***.com. Thank you.

Connie D Kle

Verified Reviewer

Unhappy with new control panel

ADT - Unhappy with new control panel
Updated by user Feb 19, 2024

Well I have talked to no less 10 people with this company and everybody is so sorry but will not do anything to correct the problem. The last guy I spoke to tried to tell me that if they put in a touch screen they would have to redo my whole system. Hm, then why would...

Original review Jan 19, 2024
I have had ADT for over 5 years. I have been with State Farm since 1987, so when the two teamed up to offer State Farm customers a security pkg I thought this is great, I can upgrade my system and lock in the lower fees for another 3 years.

The new control panel they put in sucks the app for the new system sucks and if I want to get a touch screen monitor it will cost me over $400. If you are new to a security system it is a great deal but if you have the Pulse system DONT change.

I am so sorry I gave up my previous system. Now all I can do is wait 3 years for the contract to be over and then switch to someone else.
Pros:
  • Monitored my security satisfactorily
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: I would like to exchange this worthless control panel for a touch screen without having to pay over $400.

User's recommendation: ADT is a fairly good deal.

ADT

Hello. we apologize for the concerns with the existing system.

Please reach out to ADT so we can help troubleshoot or arrange for service. Any additional items not included in the order would be chargeable.

reply icon Replying to comment of ADT

I was contacted by someone from the corporate office whose only suggestion was to call the 800 number, again. So I called and after a couple of transfer and some stalling I was finally told that since my initial call to the was not within 3 days of the install (it was 7 days) they could not replace the panel for free and it would cost me $385.

I am trying to survive on only social security and I do not have $385.

I will just sit here with this inferior equipment and the second my 3 year obligation is up I will switch to someone else. Final thoughts, ADT doesn’t care about anything but getting your money.

Alicia G Tlj

Verified Reviewer

Lies, shady business practices, and no way out of the vontract

Extremely long story short. I was misled in the amount per month.

I was told 67 total with tax. No, that's not true. Its a total of 87. And, as part of the contract, they keep your card information and bills you without consent.

I am a single female who lives alone, and the equipment does not work when you need it the most.

Also, if you need a technician you have to "work" around them and their schedule (even though you are the customer) and they cancel then blame you. It will cost you over 3k to terminate the contract (which should be criminal) Customer service is a joke, and honestly it's cheaper and more efficient to get a doberman.

Preferred solution: To get out of the contract. I just want to leave them

User's recommendation: Just do not do it!!!!!

Sami F Wxl

10 Years Plus ADT Costumer

10 Years Plus ADT Costumer
10 Years Plus ADT Costumer - Image 2
10 Years Plus ADT Costumer - Image 3
10 Years Plus ADT Costumer - Image 4
Location of business Insurance Servicing agency in San Jose CA Been paying the adt bill for 10 years and more, last week November 24 2023 the location the thief broke the outside window of business location got inside of business took what they need to get got outside More important parts is adt alarm I have did not turn on at all the time till I got inside of business the alarm goes on (the adt caught me as thief or burglar) 3 days already called adt to talk to someone who is responsible for this I just get transfer from one line to another

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: You can not count on this alarm company

Guest

Similar incident at my house in 2022 after paying ADT $600/yr for 8 years. I was at work and my house was alarmed at the time, the burglars cut the wires and ripped the keypad off the wall, took valuables and left, and ADT was NOT aware nor notified me the whole time!

I only found out 5 HOURS LATER when I got off work! :(

ADT

We're so very sorry to learn of your break in but are so glad to hear you're OK! Please email our team at alwaysthere@***.com along with more information about this situation and the full address/telephone number of the account so we may best help you further.

Gail J Fbk

Verified Reviewer

They drooped the ball I think they dropped it flattened it and.....

Well first we had nt had our system for a couple of months but adt still taking money out of our account second got charged for a silent alarm when adt equipment not working then technician comes does some of the work says he has to come back then another tech comes does a little charges 181 says we have to pay it .
Loss:
Cons:
  • Be on them about what you need call and check constantly

Aaron C Jbb

Nor Getting what I am Paying for

ADT is supposed to monitor your home and alert emergency services to your rescue. Well for the last 3-4 months my monitor keeps reading Can't Communicate. Contacted Adt and was told that the box isn't sending or receiving communication , and that we will send someone out. They said it , he came and still it isn't communicating like it needs to. I'm paying my bills all on time and still I am being denied what I'm paying for. I need my service to work in completion like it is supposed to or like it should work.

Preferred solution: I want my service to work the way it's supposed to. I pay my bill on time all the time.

Darisa W

My payment declined and the funds are in my Account

I cant log on to the app to confirm the account info for my key bank account. Want to be sure you have the right information because my funds are available

Preferred solution: Payment and app assistance

ADT

Darisa- We're so very sorry to learn of your trouble with reviewing your payment information. The myadt.com site would allow you to review your payment method directly and make any needed changes. Please email our team directly at alwaysthere@***.com with your phone number/address if we may be of any assistance in addressing your application issues.

Guest

Hello. You can manage your billing from MyADT.com, or contact ADT at 1-800-238-**** to male a payment as well.

Deidre R Wks

BE WARE of EXTRA COSTS

ADT - BE WARE of EXTRA COSTS

BE WARE!!! DO NOT GET ADT!

I have recently canceled my ADT services after being a customer for 12 YEARS as I was paying $740.28 per year JUST for the service (I paid for my equipment in FULL upfront). I canceled my ADT services on February 2, 2024 and had a RING Alarm system installed (same service for $200 per year). I received a bill from ADT after cancellation for $49.35 for a service period of March 4 - 15, 2024. I called ADT to ask why I am being charged for services that have been CANCELED on Feb 2nd, and I was told that ADT charges their CUSTOMERS for an ADDITIONAL 30 days AFTER cancellation and I am required to pay for the charges even after the service has been CANCELED.

I was told this is part of their "terms and conditions." Something is HORRIBLY wrong with a company that charges customers (even customers of 12 YEARS) for an ADDITIONAL 30 days of services AFTER CANCELLATION and they make sure to put it in the fine print as if that is okay. If you have the option to get a DIFFERENT security system, DO IT IMMEDIATELY.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Reliable
Cons:
  • Extra costs in their terms and conditions
  • Expensive
  • Contracts

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Get a different security system with an HONEST company without contracts or additional costs in the fine print.

ADT

We're so very sorry to learn of the troublesome experience you've had as an ADT family member. May we please ask you to email our team at alwaysthere@***.com with a copy of your concern along with the full address/telephone number of the services.

Chandra M Nxs

| map-marker Springtown, Texas

One of the wrost security systems

Their systems are too worst they don't work at all Waste of money, they have no proper techinical, their systems are not new, but their prices are always high compare to other providers
ADT

Hello. We are so sorry for the issues you experienced with the service.

Please email us at AlwaysThere@***.com with further details, including the address and phone number for where the services are located, so we can review further to assist. Thank you.

Lee G Dyr

Deceptive Practices

After eight years of loyal service I found it extremely difficult to cancel without threats and intimidation. The first person I called said I could not cancel ahead of end of contract and I would have to call on the day of cancellation. A week later I tried to cancel and was threatened with collection even though I prepaid annually. Then I called again and spoke to a manager and was told I have to cancel thirty days before. I will never recommend them and filed a complaint with BBB and Federal Trade Commission.
Pros:
  • Talk a good security game
  • Wide range of services
  • Overall security service was satisfactory
Cons:
  • Deceptive billling practices

Preferred solution: I do not want to be billed past my contract end date.

User's recommendation: DO NOT CONTRACT WITH THESE CROOKS

Guest

I did receive an email from Tiffany at ADT. She apologized and said I would not be billed anything more than I’ve already paid.

View more comments (2)
map-marker San Ramon, California

Pass code, request help

Don't remember my password.. Customer service says "can't help unless I have my password.. explain recent medical issue cause me to forget important.. Reply,"cannot help unless you give me the password to alarm.So, what do I do... I have my bill in my hand, account number 257725... Just call the police department, officer subject, that I call ADT again and ask for a supervisor..

User's recommendation: Call Or request supervisor ,then call back to cancel service..

ADT

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the difficulty you experienced when attempting to get help.

We would be happy to look into this further on your behalf. Please contact us at AlwaysThere@***.com, include the phone number and address associated with the account along with a brief description of the issue.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article