Wilsonville, Oregon

I moved and needed to cancel service with ADT. I had been with them for two years.

They told me I could have service moved but did not tell me they would start a new three year contract. I went ahead and had service transferred instead of canceling. What a mistake. I was at the second address for 15 months and my job caused me to move again.

When I found out this news about the three year contract term, I told them nobody ever let me know about this 3 year requirement and I tried to negotiate. They would have none of that. I was told the cost to cancel would be $700 dollars. Instead of paying the high fee, I just transferred service and started a new contract a third time at my new townhouse.

I unexpectedly needed to move again from the new address after only 8 months and since ADT had started a third “new” contract for yet another 3 years, I was charged a termination fee of nearly $900 dollars this time. I received a letter in the mail today stating that this sum will be automatically withdrawn from my bank account in full, per ADT contract policy. I don’t remember ever hearing this, they never mentioned it when I started the contract or when I terminated it. Pretty sad way to thank a customer that was with them for over three years in total.

This sum will be withdrawn just a little while after Christmas, on the 31st of December.

Not a very happy holiday season for me after learning this bad news. :(

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Atha
#1619688

Hello. ADT would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We would be happy to review these concerns for you if you would please email your account information to AlwaysThere@adt.com.

Thank you. -Gabe