Scottsdale, Arizona
Resolved
2.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 26, 2018

ADT refunded for the months that it did not work.

Original review posted by user Nov 26, 2018

I was wondering if the battery in my smoke detector needed to be changed. I went on line to see how to tell and what battery it may be.

When I looked at pulse I noticed that it was not operating. I also noticed that I could not bring up any history about my system. I called and spoke to customer non service and found out that my Pulse system has been down since August 6th. Of course, I have been paying for this service every month and I questioned why if it was not working why wouldn't they inform me.

I was told that I hadn't set up for them to tell me. What, why wouldn't they do that without me setting it up? After explaining that I was unhappy I was put on hold to speak with a specialist. After five minutes I hung up and sent them an email requesting that they contact me.

As of yet I have received no contact from them.

The non customer service lady claims that they were still monitoring my system but it seems to me It should see that in my history as we use the system daily. I am not optimistic that they care to resolve this issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Pulse Security System Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

ADT Cons: Not working since august.

Comments

Just to update. I have exchanged emails with Gabe at ADT.

He has issued me a credit for the months that my system was down and I have received additional information from him concerning my system. What I have done is cancel the Pulse portion of my system and also the service contract. After reviewing my system and my needs I feel that those items are not necessary for my needs. I retained the cellular, burglar, and fire monitoring.

At this point I feel that ADT treated me fairly after my complaint and would only add that possibly my misunderstanding would have not happened had ADT informed me at the time my pulse failed. Apparently a person has to sign up for that feature. I was never informed that I needed to do that and feel that it should be part of the Pulse experience.

They need to itemize the charges on bills not just the total. I think that would help all customers of ADT.

Atha

Hello-We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with ADT Pulse. Please feel free to email us at AlwaysThere@adt.com with your account information and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you. -Gabe