South San Francisco, California
1.1

I engaged with ADT in April of 2015 to get an alarm installed for my business. I trusted ADT because we have an alarm at our house with them for a couple years and their advertisements make claims of being protected when you are away!

When the initial installation was completed the tech person who arrived was very rude and condescending to me as though he did not wan t install the alarm. I mentioned to my sales Representative Jason that felt like the motion sensor was not functioning that was installed. I tested it myself and it did not work. I called support and told them the motion detector did not work and was told that it takes a little while for the alarm to set.

I did not thin much of it since they are such a trusted company and would not lie to their customers. Well was I wrong. We had an attempted burglary at the store where someone tried to smash the front window and one would think the window sensor glass breaker would have set off the alarm, no it did not. A second burglary attempt was mad through my back bathroom window on August 23rd, 2015.

I thought that's ok because I have a motion detector that would catch the thief's if they walk inside my place of business. Boy was I wrong again. It turned out that the motion detector never worked. So I have been paying ADT for services I never have been getting because hey installed a faulty alarm system.

I called my sales representative Jason to let him know what was happening and was told to contact support at ADT, so I did. When I called ADT support people on all three calls treated me poorly and lied to me that someone would be calling to set up a service appointment. No one called so at the end of the day I called in and was told a phone number to call which was disconnected. So I called back the support guy hung up on me so I called back again.

Then the woman had me on hold for over 30 minutes. ADT has no problem collecting my money for services they did not provide and would not act swiftly to correct the problem leaving my business unprotected.

Nothing like their advertisements claim. The next service date is two weeks away and ADT expects that it is ok to leave my business unprotected for another two weeks while I pay them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

ADT Cons: Hold time for customer service, Billing practice, Misleading representative.

• poor home security services

Comments

ADT has made an attempt but not satisfied with resolution.

Andrew I have called three times to customer service and no help was accomplished! Currently two days ago I asked for video cameras to be installed in the store in the sf Bay Area and have not heard from the sales person because I was told you guys only have one sales person for this area of almost 5 million people

Atha

Hello. I apologize for this experience and we'd like to look into your concerns further to help.

Please email us your contact information for where the service is located to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'll follow up.

Thank you. -Andrew