Chandler, Arizona

My husband and I was considering to canvass for a home security alarm. Sept 14, 2018, I called ADT to inquire about their service.

I explained to the agent on the phone that we are just shopping around to check which one works for us. She said she can send someone to our home to evaluate and to give recommendations. I have to give out my credit card details so they can sched someone. She said they can refund me of the $99 in case I will not proceed to avail of the service.

2 guys came over on Sept 15. My surprised, they said they can only evaluate and make recommendations once after they install the panel. They charged us $1075 ( we had it 2 installation payment). Somebody told me that it should have been free.

I contacted ADT and they said they will refund us of the equipment fee that they already charged and we will only have to pay $199. However, on Sept 18 I sent them the cancellation form. They sent another guy named GREGG on Sept 22. I thought he will took the equipment with him.

He negotiated that he can lower our monthly bill once we will get a landline and give us 300 visa and another remote keychain and keypad and refund us everything we paid for the equipment. So we thought about it. We told him we will contact our internet provider first if they can offer us good deal. He said he will come back on Sept 26.

We didn’t receive the refund and the total charges in our credit card is 724. 12. My husband sent him email but he didn’t replied. We waited for him to arrive on Sept 26.

He didn’t come. I called him and told him that we will cancel the service and we want a refund for the 724. 12. He said he will send somebody else on Sept 29 and he will send me the appointment confirmation but I didn’t receive any.

He said he’s waiting for the customer care. I waited. On Sept 27, I called the customer service and they said we have to pay 75% of the contract as the 3 day window has lapsed. I explained to them that I already sent the cancellation within their 3 day window but their guy tried to negotiate or rather lure us and we haven’t finalized the negotiations yet because we didn’t get the refund and the additional free equipment she promised.

I called GREGG and he promised me we will not be charged of the cancellation fee and he will handle everything. I made a follow up with him again on Sept 28 morning regarding appointment confirmation. He said he was with his boss and he will mentioned our issue. At evening, I messaged him again and he said he will come over on Satuday, Sept 29 afternoon.

We waited. He didn’t come. He no longer answering my messages and ignore my calls. Now, we want these equipment returned to ADT ourselves, how?

Because we are worried they might say “ how can we refund you of the equipment, you still have it”. I felt bad because this company is taking advantage of people’s weakness and they are very unprofessional. They should at least be reprimanded by authorities considering a lot of complaints against them already. I hope there will never be another victim.

I am wondering how ADT employees (except the good ones)can sleep well thinking they are taking advantage other people for living?

PS: I checked the contract and it says no payment if you cancel within 30 days (refer to my screenshot).

We had ours less than 15 days as of this writing. If anyone have an idea on how we can return the equipment I will appreciate your input.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Alarm System Installation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Wayne B

Good luck ADT home DEFENDER is a joke. They are all liars, extremely rude and they MANIPULATE you at EVERY chance.

The area supervisor is the worst.

STAY AWAY FROM THE AUTHORIZED ADT RETAILER "HOME DEFENDER" BASED OUT OF INDIANAPOLIS. I WENT THROUGH A NIGHTMARE WITH THEM.

Atha

Hello PrimarySunBear722 - We are truly troubled to learn of your experience with the installation of your ADT services. ADT sincerely apologizes to you, for the lack of follow up and unfulfilled commitments.

So that we may further review and assist you, we would request that you E-Mail us at AlwaysThere@ADT.com, with your account information.

Please reference your reviewID, #1369291, when you do. ~Tréchell

@Atha

I will wait for your response on the email trail. I am hoping you can come up with a fair resolution to this.

Let’s see what you will have to say.

I will keep updating in here. I don’t want to escalate this to TV 3 as my friend suggested, so please let me have my money back

Jocel K
@Atha

AlwaysThere@ADT.com is just a bogus customer service. They just wasted my time and resolve nothing.

They will eventually tell you that the 3rd party (home security defenders in our case) is accountable... WTH is that???

Stephanie K

I feel ADT’s “customer service has become “company service”. I am sorry for your aggravation. I empathize.

ADT Reviews