1.2K views

Military families: DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH ADT! They do not respect the military clause. I would rather live without locks than do business with ADT again.

When it came to for my husband and I to PCS, I called ADT, spent an hour on the phone with them and was transferred at least 10 times. Finally, they instructed me to fax them a cancellation request along with a copy of my husband's orders. Went to Staples, sent the fax, tried to call to confirm it was received, "Oh, that's processed by another department." Three days later, I had a massive charge from ADT on my credit card. I called them, they said that it was normal and it was being processed by the refund department. They assured me it would be removed within 10 business days. Well, 10 business days later, the charge was still on my card. I called my credit card company, to verify that there were no pending refunds, and of course, there weren't, so I called ADT again. I was told to give it more time, it was still being processed.

Meanwhile, I called my credit card company and gave them the information and filed a dispute. They ruled in my favor and removed the charge from my account. I checked my ADT account several times over the next week or two and it didn't look like there were any problems.

Nearly 2 months later, I got a notice from ADT that my payment of the massive cancellation fee was denied by my bank (because of my justified dispute), and the payment did not go through. The next day I received a letter from a collection agency. I have now sent copies of my husband's order to ADT 3 times, and now I'm having to send a copy to the collection agency.

Every time I speak with ADT and they thank me for my family's service, I feel like it's a giant slap in the face! They do not respect our military, they have horrendous customer service, and they lack effective communication skills. After several phone calls during the course of a month, no one could bother to tell me that they lost my husband's orders or there was any problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

• home security ripoffs

Comments

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I'm so very sorry to hear about this poor experience and for the trouble it has caused for you and your family.

We would like to look into this concern and assist you further. Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will one of our customer service specialists reach out to you.

Thank you. -Andrew

What your title should say is "no special treatment" because my husband worked for the military, they are not disrespecting you by not giving you special treatment. You are the one "slapping the military across the face" by demanding special treatment because your husband works for the military.

@Anonymous

If you knew how to read you would have seen adt advertises this discount that is why they went there.That is not requesting special treatment.You need to learn how to read anonymous.

@Anonymous

.02 percent of the population are enlisted in the military. I would call that special.

ADT Reviews