1.9

Has anyone else had a similar experience with ADT/doing business as Guardian?

We had our whole house MONITORED ADT/Guardian system installed last Spring. Almost immediately we began getting false alarms. The person who installed it came to the house and fixed the problem. We had another false alarm last month, and a neighbor entered our house and rebooted the system.

We returned to AZ last Wednesday and found the carbon monoxide/smoke detector in the bedroom “chirping.” Has ADT/Guardian called us about our monitored system? No, not once.

Three days, one handyman, two batteries, a visit from the Fire Department (to make certain there wasn’t smoke or a carbon monoxide leak) and two calls to Guardian (formerly ADT) later the “chirping” continues. The Service Representative (who, incidentally, should be called the Non-Service Representative) gave my husband all sorts of advice, none of which stopped the “chirping,” right up until she suggested that he pull the wires out of the system.

Not wanting to have to explain to our family and friends how my husband electrocuted himself, I suggested that we ask for an IN-HOME SERVICE CALL, just like the contract guarantees.

The Non-Service Representative can have someone here NEXT FRIDAY, six days from today, nine days after the problem started.

Interesting enough I had an ADT system in another house and had it disabled AFTER the alarm went off, I answered the phone, the monitor/representative from ADT said, “Is this Judy?,” I said it was, she said, “Okay, your alarm is going off.” Did it occur to ADT that I had a security code on the account for a reason AND the chances are at least 50/50 that a burglar would also have answered, “Yes”?

As far as I am concerned ADT/Guardian has broken Contract with us, a Contract which GUARANTEES “fast service” in order to “Protect [our] Home and Loved Ones

From Theft, Fire, and Intrusions.” The only thing fast about ADT/Guardian is the speed with which they removed the initial deposit and continue to remove the monthly payments from our checking account.

Oh, and the $100 “gift credit card” rebate - non-existent. I’ve probably spent $100 in time, photocopies and postage trying to collect the “gift credit card.”

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of adt security system from ADT. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants ADT to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Frontpoint Security. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by ADT for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with ADT?

Comments