Ottawa, Ontario

I had a home security system installed in my apartment, however, the person who installed used an extension cord to plug it into a wall across my entrance. I was so worried about tripping, and contacted an electrical inspector to inspect.

He said he was sure if it would have presented a hazard to evacuation, but it definitely violated "code". He told me not to pay any bills (that was several months ago. I also spoke to a lawyer who advised me on what to do (including get witnesses and take pictures) which I did and which are in a lawyer's possession. I was also told not to engage in conversation with them and to let them take me to court, with the electrical inspector's report.

I keep getting calls, e-mails, and even had someone show up at my door (which I didn't open but spoke to him through the door) and he kept making up stories (such as, he was representing a cable company and I had to open the door so he could get the equipment [except I wasn't with the company he mentioned], then he hesitated and said "well, I'm really here to offer you a deal on the cable service". Really, lying to try to get me to open the door!

Talk about ethical!!! What a bunch of losers!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments