I have been out of work since August 24,2017 with spine surgery,and will not be returning to any time soon. Last month my wife was put on LTD due to health problems, I contacted ADT and asked about canceling our contract due to health problems and moving in with some of our family at the end of DECEMBER, ADT customer service gave me the information I needed to send in by mail requesting A HEALTH HARDSHIP CANCELLATION.

We did as we were told we mailed it in and on November 16,2017 we got a call from ADT customer service saying they were sorry that we were not happy with the service and what could ADT do to change our mind about cancellation. I was SHOCKED!! I asked the lady if she had read our letter,stating our reasons, She replied no sir that she gets a prompt from the billing to call and try to change my mind.. I told her about the letter and she puts me in touch with billing.

When the person in billing gets on the phone it was very disturbing,She told there wasn't any HARDSHIP OR ANYTHING BUT A CONTRACT!!!!She told me that the first person in customer service didn't know what she was talking about. Much less a manager at ADT install office that had told me to write in about the HARDSHIP also. He also told me that it would be an act of congress to get it approved. Needless to say I'm 60 years old I know what a contract is.

After talking with the lady in billing and realizing very quickly that our HEALTH PROBLEMS AND BOTH OF US LOOSING OUR JOBS wasn't a concern of ADT much less hers. She put me on hold and came back and said "Sir We CAN ONLY OFFER YOU 25% OFF OF YOUR CONTRACT" and it will all come out of your account on DEC 15,2017. I guess I should have jumped for joy but i was shocked at her reply and how cold she was. Needless to say I wasn't wanting any charity, I didn't fill I had made an unreasonable request.

But got educated quickly about a contract.. They asked me what they could do . I TOLD THEM.

SO HEAVENS FORBID THAT ADT WOULD NOT FORGIVE 800 plus dollars to help a loyal customer for years out of a contract when they've both came down with health problems and no steady income coming in. SO I question ADT do you care?

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Pulse Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: just cancel without early fees on contract.

ADT Cons: Being belittled.

Comments

Get Outlook for iOS

From: Lynn Jordan

Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:14:16 AM

To: mintomcottage

Subject: ADT

Cohen J. Martin 2073 McCrary Lane Chattanooga, TN 37421 Papadawg47@yahoo.com 423-883-6193 Account # 402016151 Password 1994 Case ID EOLAX6575129 To Whom It May Concern: I spoke with Jennifer (in the Springfield, MO office) on November 6, 2017.

She was able to reduce our payment, by half, for the next four months. She also suggested that we email the home office to request a hardship due to health reasons. My wife (Donna) and I have been working as house parents for the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Homes for the past ten years. We live and work on campus.

Both Donna and I have encountered health problems and are currently trying to get disability. As of January 1, 2018 we will no longer be receiving a pay check and our disability has not been approved. We have to be out of the cottage (provided by the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Homes) in December. We will have to move in with our children or other family members, as we have no other home.

We are requesting that our service be discontinued, without penalty, on December 1, 2017. Thank you for your consideration in this matter, Cohen Martin -- TBCH Confidentiality Notice. This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us electronically by return message, and delete or destroy all copies. Thank you.

Atha

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear about the hardships you and your wife are currently going through.

Could you please email us at AlwaysThere@adt.com with your account information in addition to a copy of the letter you sent? We'll be happy to review further and follow up.

Thank you. -Andrew

@Atha

I will send it

@Cohen Martin

First let me say thank you very much Andrew for getting back with me about my complaint. And let me let everyone know that things have worked out and ADT has agreed To cancel our service without penalty.

We just had to get to the right person to get things done. Again thank you ADT and I wish everyone the best and a merry Christmas

@Atha

Andrew the above letter Is the letter that I sent to a ADT.,I hope you get this if not let me know and I’ll resend it thank you. Cohen Martin

@Cohen Martin

Andrew . I resent the above infro to the email address above.

AlwaysThere@adt.com again thank you for reviewing. I 'm praying for a better outcome .

ADT Reviews