2.3
Equipment Quality

Even though I have a 3 year contract they increased my bill twice this past 12 months approximately $2.79 each time. The first time it was increased I received a letter that the increase does not violate the contract. I contacted ADT and asked them to show me where in the contract it says they could increase the amount. I never heard back.

I thought a 'contract' was a promise both parties adhere to a set of conditions. I kept my side of the contract by paying the bill. They did not keep to their side by increasing that bill before the contract expires. I am on a fixed income and even the slightest increase caused some headache for me.

And then to add insult to injury they ignored me. I don't like to be ignored.

I have about 1 month left on the contract and will be searching elsewhere for a company that understand the term 'contract'. Good bye ADT.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

If you read the contract, it doesn't violate the contract however there is some good news. The contract says they can increase the fee after the first year, however if they increase the fee, you can object to the fee in writing and they can either agree to not increase the fee or you would be allowed out of your contract without having to pay the early termination fee.

So if you object, you must object in writing within 30 days of the notice. I am only just now finding this out myself as I am reading the contract in preparation to notify them that I'm cancelling.

ADT

Hello. We apologize for the frustration this experience has caused.

After the customers first year of monitoring, it is possible a customer will be notified concerning a pending rate increase. However, you do have the ability to dispute that increase by calling our billing team at 1-800-238-2727. If you'd like to reach out to us at the same number, we can go over the section of your contract that details rate increases as well. If you do decide to discontinue the services, please keep in mind that ADT does require 30 days notice prior to canceling as well.

Thank you. -Andrew