I called ADT to change out a window sensor and got talked into adding a motion sensor in a newly built outdoor room. The sales person offered me a discount on the sensor for agreeing to a 6 month contract extension.

The tech installed it but never advised me the motion sensor does not have a 45 second delay like the window sensors. He also ran it in test mode. The keypad is located behind a locked door in the next room. The first time I entered the room it went off as an actual alarm event on not the beeping 45 second warning.

I called ADT for 2 days before I could get someone to cancel the order and refund the money I paid for installation and equipment. Then I got an email this week thanking me for agreeing to a 5 YEAR extension. I called again for several days trying to explain that since the order was cancelled and I don`t have the equipment anymore the extension was voided as I was told when I ordered it. The accounts department tried to argue that the extension was based on a discount on my monthly bill however they never applied one and I had to make them review my previous 12 months payments before they had to agree that I was being charged the same rate and no discount was applied.

Rather than try to get to the truth they spent hours trying to find loopholes that they could use to force me to extend my contract. I was in the process of filling out a form to join a class action lawsuit for deceptive fraud practices when then agreed to cancel the extension. I will have to follow up to make sure it was actually cancelled. These are the actions of the so-called industry leader in home security.

What kind of culture do they teach their employees here. Can`t wait to find a local company and drop these dishonest people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Preferred solution: find a better company.

Comments