5400 Airport Fwy, Haltom City, TX 76117, USA

The service tech, John, that came out on 1/25/18 was deceptive. After he took the tour of my home and came back with the proposal of what I “needed” he showed me the invoice sheet.

Not at any time did he explain to me that I would be paying $1200 up front. From my understanding the “total investment” charge was included in the monthly fee, which was also higher than initially quoted. He also never asked if I was okay with the higher prices, he just started the install. After he was finished and we started going over the paperwork, it was only then that I was told I had to pay $1200 right away.

I gave him my card number and told him to wait a moment while I called my husband. While I was out of the room, he went ahead and charged my card for the full amount of $1402.58. When I told him that we no longer want the system and I want my money refunded he gave me a packet and circled a phone number to call. He told me I would have to call them in the morning, because they were already closed.

He said I could instantly get my money back in the morning. After he left I looked at the number and it said that they were open. So I called right away and spoke with a customer service agent. I told her what had happened and she apologized and said my refund and the removal of the equipment would take at least 15 days.

That is completely unacceptable. I was lied to, taken advantage of, stolen from, and blamed for not understanding the contract because my 2 small animals were distracting. I also had a friend in the room with me the entire time he was there. She never once heard him explain that I would be paying upfront.

I am extremely disappointed in the way ADT represented themselves. I would have NEVER agreed to pay $1200 upfront if I had known. John did not in any way, shape, or form explain to me that money was due upfront. The sales agent I initially spoke to while setting up the appointment never explained that to me either.

John also told me that the $99 install fee, was just a fee that was just charged just in case I canceled the appointment. So again I was lied to. I want my $1402.58 refunded immediately and the equipment removed immediately. The business practices at ADT are disappointing.

The service techs and sales agents need to tell new customer that there will be charges made upfront. John should have NEVER ran my card when he was told to wait.

I was excited to have a home security system put in place to protect my family, but in doing so I was robbed anyways. My family and I will gladly take our business elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

ADT Cons: Crooks, Blaming the customer for their mistakes, That i did not get what i was told i would get over the phone, Cancellation policy.

• ADT Alarm Systems

Comments

Machele

The best security system is provided by Messrs. Smith & Wesson.

@Machele

I think you are absolutely right and maybe a good guard dog!

ADT Reviews