I began w/ ADT w/ Brinks (before Brinks was purchased by ADT). The transfer was fine.

But customer service was an issue. Sometimes the alarm would trigger (wind blew the door open, etc.) never a real problem. But the call from ADT would go to my neighbor, not to me, in the first instance. I spoke to ADT and asked why no one was calling me, first.

Which is what ADT had done in the past. ADT's response was "we did call you". I said "I received no call, I have my iPhone, there's no record of an incoming call". ADT - "Sir, we called you, I'm looking at the call log, you didn't respond".

So it would go back and forth, summary: I'm being called a liar. Finally, Vivint moved into the area and I switched. So the last kick in the teeth from ADT. When one calls to cancel your ADT service you are transferred to the retention desk - lots of questions, we can do this and that.

Eventually I refused to answer any more questions and had to elevate to a supervisor to stop the interrogation. It took an hour on the telephone to cancel service.

Some of the worst customer service on the planet. Avoid ADT at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments