701 US Highway 301 South, Tampa, FL 33619, USA
1.4

Update by user Jul 03, 2018

Well, I still sit. waiting on Defender, ADT, or something with this site to help me improve my situation, but no one seems to care.

I can't get a call back, response, or anything from anyone. I'll have to find a local attorney I guess.

I can't even get the bill corrected and I refuse to pay double of what my contract states!! If anyone is considering these services, you should run the other way.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2018

What a nightmare!!! These people have lied to me, took advantage of my mother while I was away for work, completely rude, passed me off to a company that keeps hanging up on me, threatened me (Defender) and have hidden fees everywhere.

They have hit my account for over $400 and I've only been with them for 8 days!! When I tried to get them out of my house, the woman at defender said "we are not coming to get the system out of your house, we are not responding to your alarms, and we are not processing your complaints, ADT will just keep on billing you" then hung up on me!! And that was the somewhere around phone call #10, while I was at the bank filing fraud charges, and 3 hours into this!

I have wonderful credit and now I need help getting out of this contract!!!!! I need someone that knows how to do that with out paying the $1,000 the they want to cancel.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Alarm System Installation.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I want my money back, the system out of my house, and out of any contract they have me under.

Comments

Then why did you sign??

lauren c
@Anonymous

I didn’t. They won’t provide the contract.

I only sign for the installation approval and extra equipment. Then went to work. The guy told my mother he needed her card info to finish processing.

My mother is old and gullible. It’s her account they keep charging.

@lauren c

That was the contract!! The card information is only collected AFTER the contract is signed.

Did you read any of it or did you just sign where you were told? They cannot be held liable if your signature is on it saying that you agree to the terms.

lauren c
@Anonymous

Thats my problem. Thats what I need help with.

I was lied to and they told me I was signing for the extra equipment only. Anyway.

I'm not asking for a lecture , I'm asking for help to get away from these idiots. So unless you can help me, I'm not the least bit interested in what you are saying.

ADT Reviews