Fullerton, California

If I could place a zero, I would. I had Brinks, which was bought out by ADT.

I was a loyal customer for 26 years total. When I had new windows installed, the ADT sensors were accidentally thrown out. ADT told my husband that they wanted $1000.00 to place 12 replacement window sensors in my house. ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

I called ADT and they then said that they would do it for $440.00, which they said was the cost of the sensors. However, I subsequently checked on line and the most expensive sensors I could find were $22.95 and some were only a couple of dollars. That's $275.40-max! I called back and spoke to upper management, to protest being gouged for sensors.

I was told that I "had agreed to the $440.00 and that was all they would do" for me. When I protested, they hung up on me!! My call later to cancel revealed that I was originally supposed to be quoted a reduced rate of $25 an hour for labor, because I have paid for the service plan for all these 26 years, but I was NOT offered that.

To install a new system, ADT offers the system for free.

To keep a loyal customer they offer...a kick in the pants! I guess they are independently wealthy and do not need their customers!

So ADT, you are fired! I now have Protect America because they have excellent customer service history and I could not be happier with the nice people at Protect America!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

ADT Cons: Misleading representative.

• ADT Ripoff