1.3

I'm not going to debate the "sales" issues here, as we're all aware that sales people sell you things that are not close to reality. I purchased and went into contract with an ADT pulse system.

I'm a hardware engineer, the equipment they showed up to my house with, was way behind in technology. They showed up with what they call "nanos". It's what we like to call ethernet over conduit. Essentially it's a wifi extender that runs it's signal over your electrical outlets.

It doesn't work. We used to use and realized that, unless the two units are on the same circuit, it's garbage. I told the installer that and he said that's what they used. So I told him I wanted the system hardwired.

He refused and left; mind you, I'm already under contract. Well, it ended up not working. They sent 2 techs over 3 months to T/S the equipment. The 3rd guy finally agreed and understood what I was saying and hard-wired the system to the gateway.

It worked well for about a month. My cameras and door locks are always showing offline. Everytime I call they offer a refund for the month of service but they never fixed the issue. Well it finally happened, someone broke into my backyard and when my wife told me, I went online to check the videos.....SURPRISE!!!

your camera has been offline since we invented ADT Pulse. I called to cancel and was told that I would have to pay $600.00 because "system malfunctions and peripherals like video surveillance and door locks not working remotely, are not a breach of contract". So now, I'm stuck with this garbage for another 1.5 years.

I'm never recommending ADT to anyone and I truly believe there's better and less expensive technology out there already. So, I guess I'll have to call once a month, for 18 months to get my monthly credit until the contract runs out and I get a better company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Pulse Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

What I don't understand and nobody can explain to me is why it takes a whole month to turn off and cancel. It's all a game don't fall for it there are so many other things you can use besides adt.

No other company takes that long to cancel something But yet they can turn it on instantly. Needless to say there canceled we paid our last bill so I Hope they don't think There getting another one because we haven't used it since we canceled . Hence the cancelation don't you dare try to play with me adt, I know what you're up to And I'm way ahead of the game. I'm not paying for this month that it takes to turn off!!!!!

Not to mention your installation guys were not friendly in cut my doorbell line. ***

Atha

Hello- We are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send your account information to alwaysthere@adt.com so that we can assist with your concerns?

Thank you! -Jackie