1635 Market St #1600, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA

My husband called ADT to inquire about starting service. ADT suggested we have a tech come out and see the house and discuss our options. Our house is a new construction and already had hardwired honeywell sensors.

The tech came out on 12/27/18 at 3pm. My husband was working that day, so only I was there. He tried to convince me to change all our hardwired sensors to wireless sensors for approx $3,300, and since we had an $1800 equipment credit on our account, he said the total would only be $1,500. This was obviously too much for us, I said I had to speak to my husband. The tech talked to my husband over the phone and assured us that we have a "90 day money-back guarantee from ADT". He said we could try the service for $27.99/month for 90 days, and if we didn't like it at all we could cancel without any penalties and get our money back. Because of this we agreed to let him install the wireless monitored fire alarm and activate the ADT service. At the end of the service he asked me to sign a Job Completion form on his tablet, stating that I was agreeing that he had come out today, explained the ADT service and completed the installation. I signed the tablet with my name. He never showed me a contract or had me sign a contract, he never mentioned the 3 day cancelation policy or had me sign that.

Later that day, we did receive 3 emails from ADT. When we looked at the paper work we realized it was a contract, stating the monthly fee was $52.99 (This amount was never mentioned or discussed before .. bait & switch). And they had automatically charged my husbands CC $60 ?

My husband called ADT, and they said the $27.99 price was only if we had a landline. Again, why was this never mentioned during the installation & activation? They also said he signed the contract agreeing to the $52.99 price .... which he never did. The tech had forged his signature. (We have proof, b/c the tech spelled his name wrong! AND on the docusign form "my husbands signature" was signed within 42 seconds of the techs signature from the SAME IP address (the techs tablet). Remember, my husband wasn't even there that day). See Picture below.

We called ADT again and got passed back and forth between defender and ADT corporate. ADT Defender customer service agent Brad was not helpful and kept saying we were past the 3 day cancelation period (it had only been 5 days) and that there is no such thing as a 90 day money back guarantee from ADT. We talked to ADT corporate today and explained the situation and they suggested that we fill out the "Forged signature packet".

Has anyone had luck after completing all the requested forged signature items?

I googled the issue and realized ADT techs seem to forge customer signatures on contracts quite often!

Please advise what we can do.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

ADT Cons: Customer service, Bait and switch, Lack of ethics, Sales people.

• Numerous calls
  • forged signature
  • Adt Defender
  • 3 Day Cancellation Policy

Comments

NOMORE

Bruce Tarras that works for ADT ruipped off ICBC abd ripped me off as well. *** installer - works for ADT as an installer

Hey something completely similar happened to me with their contractor, Defenders, in Colorado. I am looking at legal action- this could fall under both false advertising and fraud.

I suggest you start with filing a police report for fraud and contact an attorney.

This might be something that’s a class action lawsuit soon. I’ll respond with more details.

Hey something completely similar happened to me in Colorado. I am looking at legal action- this could fall under both false advertising and fraud.

Atha

Hello. We apologize for any issues encountered with your installation.

Defender Security is an independent authorized ADT dealer that sells their own equipment and per forms their own installs. Any concerns with the installation would need to be addressed with Defender. If you will please email ADT with your account information, we can reach out to Defender on your behalf.

The email address is AlwaysThere@adt.com. Should you need to contact Defender, you can reach them 1-800-689-9554.

@Atha

Bogus too... alwaysthere@adt.com will just waste your time.

At the end they will just tell you your contract is still with Defenders. It’s Defenders responsibility not ADT...blah blah blah

ADT Reviews