The worst thing you can do is purchase a home security system when you are emotionally vulnerable (after a break-in); these sales reps can smell the fear and pounce! I was explained the process of the alarms, what would happen etc., however, when we did inadvertently set off the alarm, none of the explained steps were followed. NO call to the home number, NOR to the cell and the next thing I get is a couple of nice policemen at my door! Hmmmmm, oh, and then the bill in the mail!

Fast forward a few months later when my condo building completed their elevator upgrades complete with ADT service of emergency calls. Imagine my surprise when I began receiving urgent phone calls on my cell FOR THE ELEVATORS!

Now my contract is up and I've been trying to cancel the service and charges for THREE months now. Escalated calls, multiple faxes, numerous messages left and still nothing. FINALLY, I land on someone with a brain who promised to complete the transaction. I just received an "invoice" with the amount of credit due but no details on how that money will be refunded, or when. I called again today and find out that "the cancellation is automatic, but the crediting is not"...(interesting!) so the credit will appear on my credit card 4-6 weeks from TODAY, not the date on the invoice. OH, and the credit amount quoted is incorrect. I had noticed they were crediting an extra month but I innocently thought it was a customer service gesture for all the hassle I had gone through. HA!

Needless to say, I will be watching my credit card like a hawk for the next few months, and expect to be updating this rant soon!

Review about: Adt Security System.

Had an Experience with ADT?

Comments