Easton, Maryland

I had the ADT security system installed about 6 months ago & since the past 2 days the front door alarm is showing a fault. When I called the company I was told to run some tests after which she said it must be a fault with the device & that they need to send out a technician.

The next available date is 10 days later. I explained to the lady that I was leaving the country for an extended period of time & needed the device to be working, so that I could leave knowing that my house is secure. She told me that she could guide me thru a process wherein I could bypass the front door & just secure the back door! So, if the burglars come in thru the front door, its ok!!

When I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, I was told I could get emergency services by paying 285$ / hr of service! And absolutely no regrets or offer other solution.

When I said i'd like to disconnect the service was told that I could call back tomorrow & pay up the terms of the next 5 years contract & cancel the contract. So basically, you pay for 5 years for no monitoring or partial monitoring!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

angelok014

I don't think there is any lie in a comment. ADT used to have a 5 year contracts.

Sounds like you hired an adt AUTHORIZED DEALER, which is completely different than ADT Security. ADT requires a THREE year contract, not five, so I know that you are lying and/or ignorant. Also, if you really are with ADT and not an authorized dealer, you WERE given the option for a service plan that costs a couple of extra bucks per month and covers any and all repairs at no charge to you.

ADT Reviews