4.0
Equipment Quality

This "service" does what it's suppose to do....HOWEVER, ADT offers services at a premium cost to customers for monthly monitoring while other companies offer their customers MORE VALUE with greater volumes of equipment in startup plans than ADT such as more sensors, more initial technology (i.e. mobile apps) at a price that is many times HALF OF WHAT ADT OFFERS.

I presented a solicitation to ADT of a carrier who offered mobile app access (that I don't have with ADT) amid other things that ADT upcharges for, and initially they discounted my bill for several months....DISCOUNT WAS SMALL COMPARED TO WHAT I'M MISSING by comparison to what other companies are offering. I even asked ADT, "what does it cost ADT in advertising to get a customer to purchase a service?" Then I asked, "wouldn't it make more sense to keep an existing customer happy who has a legitimate issue with ADT services than to ignore resolving the customer's grievance and simply reach for new clients?" Though ADT lifted their finger (in a manner of speaking) to console my issue, their attempt lacked grace (based on impotence) and was insufficient. I would recommend NOT to take ADT at its word in advertisements that they offer the best value. I would suggest that you do an equipment and price comparison FIRST and ONLY then choose this company if they offer the best value for you.

After all folks, this is merely monitoring and not rocket science (at least not anymore).

I am open to ADT giving me reason to modify this review which comes after entering my 2nd year of business with them. Best regards to all.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Adt customer service number.

I didn't like: Pricing compared to competition.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 21.

Comments

ADT

Hello UniformRiverTurtle177 - We are sorry to learn that the service has lost a bit of value for you,a nd appreciate your feedback. ADT does not price match external offers, typically.

Our Pulse packages start at $52.99 a month, with Pulse video at $57.99 a month. These packages include many other services as well, such as our quality service plan, which acts as insurance on the system, and cellular communication, as an alternative or backup to a phone landline.

If we may be of assistance still, please E-mail us at AlwaysThere@ADT.com. ~Tréchell