Adt - Dishonest business practices/failed system/fire hazard
Update added by user Nov 26, 2014
ADT still sending me bills. They've added 1,200 in penalties. They refuse to resolve.
Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2014
The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014.I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection.
Each time they found nothing wrong despite the burned electrical strip which they placed on top of my gas furnace near a gas hot water heater. I reported them to the Fire Marshal in the State of Louisiana. Fortunately, I discovered it before there was an explosion. I incurred over $4500 for this failed system, paid them $1500.
Also, their products are more then 10 years old. I would expect more current products for $4500.
I am a senior citizen on retirement income.Crazy how incompetent they are.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of ethics
- Failed installation
- Fire hazard
- Antiquated products
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alarm System
- Review category
- Home Security
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "TERRIBLE!! I sold my home and didn't buy another one. I cannot get them to disconnect the service at my old address. I don't have a house to transfer service..."
- "ADT FAILED US and many others!! ADT FAILED to dispatch fire rescue when our smoke detectors were going off. After our house was totalled, and 2 LOVING pets perished, the..."
- "They fraudulently sign up people for 5-year service without clearly explaining the contract. Their service is lousy. They don't respond when the alarm is triggered. They get very arrogant, and..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."