Adt - Dishonest business practices/failed system/fire hazard
Update added by user Nov 26, 2014
ADT still sending me bills. They've added 1,200 in penalties. They refuse to resolve.
Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2014
The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014.I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection.
Each time they found nothing wrong despite the burned electrical strip which they placed on top of my gas furnace near a gas hot water heater. I reported them to the Fire Marshal in the State of Louisiana. Fortunately, I discovered it before there was an explosion. I incurred over $4500 for this failed system, paid them $1500.
Also, their products are more then 10 years old. I would expect more current products for $4500.
I am a senior citizen on retirement income.Crazy how incompetent they are.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of ethics
- Failed installation
- Fire hazard
- Antiquated products
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alarm System
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "Bought the complete system thru Costco QT548 plus 6 QM6006B cameras. DVR works great but cameras need to be reset every time that you start up the system or else..."
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "Poorly installed equipment. Wires exposed on camera outside front door wrapped in electrical tape. Wires ran on the inside of the door and when asked if this was correct adt..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "i trusted a friend and signed up, within 20 minutes of making my first order i called in because i wanted to cancel it, i didn't notice that there was..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."