Having been an ADT customer for many years, we changed out home phone system which was no longer compatible with ADT. After testing their technician agreed it was not compatible, and tried a cellular mechanism which he assured me would only cost $200 install and an extra $20 per month on top of what I was already paying. However, the cell device did not get adequate signal and the technician said that accordingly ADT had no monitoring solution for me at any price.

When I called them seeking help on finding another monitoring solution, they were mocking and indifferent. The supervisor, "Jane WNQ" (they won't give you their actual full name despite being a national call center) was condescending and said insisted that I go purchase some kind of home cellular tower antenna to boost the signal so that their cellular solution might work, of course for hundreds more dollars. It sounded like an unreliable and questionable solution, even though we are in a mid-sized city.

She cackled that they had locked me out of my security system and that my only option if I went with another company would be to purchase all new hardware. This was, of course, a lie as the standard Ademco Vista P20 installer password worked fine, and the first thing I did was lock THEM out of being able to access my system (although they were not able to anyway due to the phone system change). I paid to own all the hardware in my system.

As a longtime customer who was willing to pay more to make things work with ADT, is was eye-opening to get such amazingly hostile, condescending, and misleading information from somebody that they promoted to manager status. I am amazed that in this economy, "Jane" is able to hold a job when so many well-qualified people are desperate for work. I can only assume that this is the kind of person that ADT wants, since they have no complaint or resolution mechanism internally.

In my company, if we are unable to offer a service we politely refer a customer in need to others who can, not brag about how we will hamstring the customer's efforts.

For those of you with a system needing help getting it going with another provider, the volunteer experts at http://www.doityourself.com/ are very helpful.

Review about: Adt Security System.

Had an Experience with ADT?

Comments