Cypress, Texas

Until yesterday, I had no problem with ADT. That was yesterday.

An ADT rep called and said there was a problem with my contract. I reassured them that it had been transferred and we still paid ADT every month. The kind rep told me that yes, she saw it was transferred and told me "to disregard this call". Today, they were speaking a different tune.

Thelma, employee #13180 at Protect your Home had no patience and was exceedingly rude. Jillian, employee #5824 at Protect your Home threatened to report us to collections if we didn't pay $708. Apparently, we were told the service was transferred, but the authorized dealer at our new address is not Protect Your Home. ADT stopped paying, our withdrew the money from Protect Your Home, and now Protect Your Home is coming after us.

Perry Anne, employee #24358 at ADT had the audacity to say "it's not what they say that matters, it's what you sign". When we moved, the ADT agent / authorized dealer that came to our new house grossly misrepresented themselves in saying our service could be transferred. In good faith, we were intent on continuing our commitment to ADT. When we call ADT, they have BOTH our addresses on file and both my Husband and my information on file.

It's all on the same account. Their authorized dealer made false representations and falsely advertised our ability to 'transfer' our services. Now my husband and I are being harassed with phone calls from 210-775-6679.

Clever since the area code matches my hometown.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

Reason of review: Gross misrepresentation by authorized dealer of ADT..

Preferred solution: I'll keep paying ADT and keep them as a service provider for the duration of our contract, as long as they internally settle the issue with Protect Your Home and Protect Your Home drops the $708 assessment against us..

Comments

Wonder

Hello. I work for ADT's Corporate Customer Relations and I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience.

I would like to offer some assistance. Please email your contact info for where the services are located to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'll follow up to address your concerns.

Thank you. -Andrew