Be advised that I will be filing a lawsuit against ADT and defender security if I am not released from my contract. I have filed a complaint with the California attorney general's office, will be filing an additional formal complaint with the FCC and will be filing complaints reference false advertising and notifying the Fair trade commission of your illegal Acts.

At this time, you are in breach of contract given the fact that my alarm is not in working condition, and you cannot provide the service as promised. I have been without service now for 7 days. A technician visited my home on January 4th of 2019 and he deemed that the alarm should be canceled. He stated that the cellular towers were unstable and would not provide proper communication with the system. That would lead to false alarms and unnecessary activation.

if my service is not canceled and this contract deemed as null and void, I will proceed with additional complaints and pursue ADT and defender security for fraud, misleading and false advertising and breach of contract.

Michael Edenborough v. The ADT Corporation and ADT, LLC d/b/a ADT Security Services

this is clearly a pattern of behavior with ADT and I am not going to tolerate it. Your business tactics are unethical, immoral and illegal and I can assure you, investigations will be conducted and I will pursue you to the fullest extent of the law

United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 16-cv-02233-JST

Comments

Same scenario here in Illinois. I'm ready for that class action law suit. You can contact me at vc_chi@yahoo.com.

Camilah

I’m ready to do a class action suit against this company for everyone they have wronged!!!

@Camilah

These companies are trash and so is the BBB giving them an A+ my *** they are all fake and scammers

I have to file lawsuit against ADT, no chance of acknowledgement on contract, no details of why they charge fee. 3rd party of collection agency keep calling .

looking for civil litigate attorney. my phone 310 800 3799, LA, California kwangsik@yahoo.com

I totally agree with the statements and to add to that I believe ADT has mislead and even lied to new customers concerning their $100.00 gift card with the purchase and activation of a new system and monitoring. When you initially signup they tell you that you will receive the gift card within 3 to 5 weeks.

What they don’t tell you is that you will be receiving an email that must’ve completed and returned within 30 days after installation.. I was just informed that I would be receiving a $100. Visa gift card . So if you wait the 3 to 5 weeks for the gift card to arrive (which it isn’t going to arrive since the form that you were never told about has not been completed and returned) you are already outside of the 30 day filing period which means they do not now have to honor your certificate.

So they get you to sign up thinking you’re going to offset your initial $106. fee with the gift card then you’re locked into the service and they don’t have to pay the $100.

It’s a win / win for Thieves who we have contracted to protect our investment. How weird!

I totally agree. Please contact me @ peeco99@gmail.com.

I would like to share notes. Best regards, Pat

QUOTE : "this is clearly a pattern of behavior with ADT". No, it is not.

It is YOUR case.

Don't try to speak for millions of others, stick with YOUR business and you may have a chance. No need to play Social Justice Warrior ; you'll just lose a lot of money and valuable life time over something relatively petty.

Mame
@Anonymous

I am appalled at this comment. As a "former employee ", I want to inform you that Defenders do want you to lie to their customers.

I refused! Told 2 major people that I would not lie for their company. I always cancelled (or made sure completed), any contracts that the sales were not honest with or charged the customers card prior to service rendered when they would tell customers that they would not charge. They did anyway.

Takes weeks to get the money back sometimes months.

Always told to up sale, even to elderly as they would be put on a plan that uses a smart phone along with a contract and the elderly would call in stating they don't have a smart phone and system hasnt been used cause it won't work. Contract for 3 years, a lot of elderly does not want a contract for obvious reasons.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn No one cares loser.....

ADT Reviews