Jacksonville, Florida

I had ADT update my (owned by me) system in 2009. They charged over $100.

The installer informed me that I could cancel monitoring at anytime when I told him I wouldn't need the service after 1 year. He reassured me (witnesses present) that I was under no obligation and I "could cancel at anytime". I have since bought a home in Florida and haven't needed the srvice for some 6 months or so. I kept an autopay alive and at tax time realized that this was there.

I have tried to have the service transferred to Florida, however there would be another 3 year contract! I was lied to by the installer. The Grand Rapids office has refused to reply to a over 20 phone calls. After contacting ADT customer service I was held to "we have a contract".

As far as I'm concerned I was told a misleading statement from the installer and a poorly altered contract (I have the original). Florida has a state law prohibiting predatory contracts and sales to the eldery. ADT has their main offices in Boca Raton. Maybe the'll get word of this site and see what is happening to their reputation.

If I had looked a little harder I'd have seen how they operate.. TYCO didn't someone there go to jail for fraud/embezlement ?

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

On tuesday i made an application of installing a system from the guy by the name of chudu.I want to cancel it for certain reasons but i will install it some other time my name is agatha nkomonde 7 pear avenue leachville ext 3 071-269-8820 i did sent him a message to cancel it but he did not respond his cell phone is 076-703-9955

Thank you for posting my dilemna and thanks to those who have read it. The nastiness from them was not mentioned.

Of course there is always that audible beep "for traning purposes" thing. They WILL NOT intimidate me.

To the mat I'll go and with anyones help I hope I will be successful!! Bill