Burlington, North Carolina
2.7

So... I had ADT installed in my new home.

I had many options but I chose them, for the second time, as I had them before at another residence. And they talked me into additional sensors, at a "discount" if I signed a three year agreement, which I had no issue with, since I planned to be there awhile. BUT, I got laid off and had to sell my home. I called ADT and explained that I need to terminate service at my current residence since it was being sold, and they asked if I was going to move service.

I said eventually, when I get a job and find a home. They responded with, "well then you owe us the remaining two years on your contract ($727.36) due upon cancellation." I explained that I was laid off and couldn't really afford the $727.36, but could continue paying my monthly bill. They said, you can't keep paying your monthly bill, if you cancel the monitoring, because that closes your account. I tried to explain that there was no way that the new owners, were going to want me in charge on monitoring their home security system!

Furthermore, I saw the 3 year agreement, as my obligation to pay them $54 per month, for three years, which I was happy to do, even without them monitoring anything! They said, nope you are cancelling your service and owe us the balance immediately! I reminded them that I had been a customer for years, at two different properties and would be happy to have them at my new home, once I got one! BUT, if they continued this course of action, I would likely never choose them again.

I even tried to call the customer retention department, but they said since I had cancelled service, I was no longer a "customer" for them to try to retain! Now, I'm still laid off, renting a place that I can't install a system in, and MORE THEN HAPPY TO CONITNUE TO PAY THE $54 PER MONTH, but they're demanding $727.36 that I don't have!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Reason of review: Inflexible payment plans after cancellation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

ADT Cons: Cancellation policy.

Comments