Rialto, California

2 years ago, we started service with ADT, through an affiliate remarketer, SecureWatch ADT. ADT does direct sales, but also sells via these remarketers.

The installer was barely 20 years old, clearly lacked the expertise to install the system, and did a pretty lousy, messy job of it. I didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday, when I was changing telecom providers. The new telecom provided insisted on a line seizure test of the alarm system (call ADT from the same line the alarm is wired to, request a line seizure test, set off your alarm, and it should seize the line and drop the call... if it doesn't, the system is not setup correctly).

Needless to say, it failed. So I put in a service call with ADT, who promptly showed up with 2 servicemen within 24 hours. They took 3 hours and completely fixed my system correctly. They also gave me the district manager's contact information and asked that I followup with him to tell him about my experience.

They also gave me information on registering a complaint against SecureWatch ADT with corporate ADT, which I am doing as well. These two gents were courteous, professional, and did a great job, even taking extra time to go over with me the usage of the panel. They also discovered that that panic code had never been setup by the SecureWatch ADT installer...

So...

long story short, not all installers are created equal.

If I ever do this type of deal again, it will be either with ADT (Direct) or with another company, but I will never use a remarketer again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

Had the ADT system installed 10 days ago, the installer refused to quote prices until after the basic system was installed, $4,000.00 later we had our system. We performed our own test of the system only to find out most the devices did not work.

Spoke with a manager who promised the world and sent a tech back who attempted to fix system and said everything was working. A couple days later we accidentally tripped system and never received a call from ADT,Called ADT and was told they have no connection to our home, we yet to have a security system in our home but we are out $4,000.00, called the installer and ADT, each disconnected me and I am still trying to speak to someone so I can have this FALSE SECURITY SYSTEM REMOVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADT employees are very well trained and most like what they do for a living, if they don't they won't last that long with ADT. Dealers gives over-all gives ADT a bad rap. And on the same token, ADT allows these punks to be out there, as one of my customer said it this way to me.

ADT employees are very well trained and most like what they are do for a living, if they don't they won't last that long with ADT,

ADT Reviews