Douglasville, Georgia

Update by user Nov 20, 2016

ADT says they are not responsible for companies that sell their security systems! Both ADT and the company that sold me an ADT security system have collected money from my savings account even tho I did not sign an agreement and there is no system installed in my home!

I have called ADT and asked for my money back and I am getting the run around! "ADT says I have an account with them" and have drafted money from my bank! How can there be an account with out a signed agreement or any ADT system installed in my home? Something is "ROTTEN IN DENMARK" and I will do whatever is necessary to hold ADT accountable!

ADT says in their adds that if you are not satisfied in the first 6 months your money will be refunded! Liar, Liar pants on fire!

Tommy

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2016

I received an ADT "SPECIAL OFFER" for a "FREE QUOTE" of 27.99 per month for a security system by email. I filled out the info they wanted and clicked on the "GET FREE QUOTE" link.

I received a call within minutes! The salesman got my interest and said he needed to play a recording, after the recording he asked what I thought! I told him there was a lot of info that had nothing to do with the security system and the $36 dollar per mo was higher than their add was. I was told the the recording was ill-relevant to the special offer deal and the $27.99 for 12 months price was good.

I asked what would the price be after the 12 month agreement and I was told the price would not go up but would be for less. I was given a possible install date, I said OK, he asked for my credit card number, I gave it to him and he confirmed the install date and time. The installer came out and tried for 3 hours to sell me an extra $5,000+ amount of equipment, I kept saying no and he finally installed the 27.99 deal. After installation I was given a 36 month agreement to sign, I said no because I was sold a 12 month agreement.

I was told they did not believe me and they would never sell a 12 month agreement! They kept trying to get me to sign the 36 month deal and I kept saying no! They kept insisting they would never sell a 12 month agreement! They asked me if I wanted to cancel the 36 month agreement, I told them the cancel was on them, I could not cancel an agreement I never agreed to in the 1st place.

Because I would not sign the bait and switch 36 month agreement they removed all the equipment leaving drill and screw holes in our walls and pulled staples on the floor.

This was a very annoying 5 hour experience. If anyone asks me about ADT I will gladly give a proper answer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

ADT Cons: Bait and switch, Very poor customer service, Bait and switch on contract term, Do damage to home and leave.

Comments