Los Angeles, California
1.2

My family has been using ADT for many years. I got an alarm system in my apartment. It had some problems recently and when I called to figure out what's going on I was informed that my system hasn't been communicating with a cell tower in at least a year - meaning, it can make sound but is not connected to anything, and no one would ever call or come. Apparently there was already a work order in the system to replace my radio, yet no one ever contacted me.

I called a second time to ask a few questions and received terrible service. The person was laughing and repeating the same things over and over. I decided to cancel my service and was transferred to someone else. This person told me that when a repair person came and confirmed the broken system I would receive a refund for the past year, and that the company would also give me 2 months free service.

Today A repair person came and replaced the entire radio. When I called to find out about the refund the person I spoke to was very rude and unhelpful, I asked to speak to someone else and he placed me on hold for over 20 minutes. He came back and mumbled something about how someone could call me back or I could just call again since it's a call center and get someone else. I said I'd just like to cancel the service and that was that.

Horrible experience, I will be telling as many people as I can.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

ADT Pros: Guy who installed.

ADT Cons: Product or customer service.

Comments

Wonder

Hello. I work with ADT's corporate office and I would first like to apologize for this experience.

We'd like to look into this concern and assist you further. Could you please email us your contact information to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'll follow up to help address this?

Thank you. -Andrew