Hagerstown, Maryland

Update by user Sep 21, 2012

After paying the collection agency I again contacted ADT. They admit that the bill should not have been sent for collection, but still cannot explain billing for a month that was paid in advance. I paid 3 months in advance: April-May-June. Thus, there should have been no amount due for June.

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your ADT account. Our records indicate that we received the cancellation request on 05/31/12 and, due to our thirty day notice policy, it was canceled with an effective date of 06/30/12. The final balance due during that time of service comes to a total of $20.47. It should not have been processed over to an outside collections agency, however. I have notified them to make sure it is removed. I apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us again via email or call us at 1-800-238-2455 between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard time (EST).

Original review posted by user Aug 19, 2012

I was a residential ADT customer for 5 years, the first three years of which was under contract. The ADT contract is absolutely worthless. You sign it, then they do whatever they want. My "guaranteed price" was raised by $10 after ony a few months of service. Then they changed me from monthly billing to quarterly billing, with the payment due in advance, of course.

But the worst thing of all is trying to terminate service. I carefully read my contract, which contained no cancellation fee after the first three years, when things moved to a month-by-month contract. I requested cancellation by phone, email, and letter in mid-May, to be effective immediately. I was paid up until July 1. I received a billing for the July-Aug-Sept period and called ADT. I was told this was just a computer issue and to ignore the bill. I again sent letters and emails to stop service immediately.

In the first week of July I received a "final bill" for $20.47. I was happy to see that service was terminated, but I did not understand the fee. As I could not understand this, I called ADT and was told to ignore it (because I paid 3 months in advance and cancelled in May). I also sent a letter requesting an explanation of the bill.

What I next received was a debt collection letter on August 1 from Audit Systems Inc, demanding payment of the overdue bill. At this point, I gave up and sent the payment to Audit...

This to me is a lying, underhanded, conumser-go-to-*** company. Why would I entrust my security to such an organization?

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Comments

Where is the ADT facility located in Hagerstown, MD?

hate that company,been with adt for 10 months. have to wait two and half more years to cancel thim.if want to cancel now will cost me over $900.don't want thim to have my credit card any longer.

when you call to ask about payment. they are not nice at all. can't wait till my time is up. will tell every one i know.

don't go with adt. :cry