San Francisco, California
1.9K views

Cancelled my ADT service after they raised rates 3X in a year. I thought I was done with them, but received a call from a collection agency saying I owed ADT $$!

I did not receive any forewarning, no letters or email of any past due, now this! In addition, I had automatic payment debit from my credit card. Any past due amount should have been debited from my credit card. Apparently, they do not cancel service on the day you cancel but let time elapse to the next billing periods.

It appears this is how they treat customers who cancel; be careful with them! I would not recommend ADT to anyone, and I will make sure of it.

On the consumer affairs web page they have a rating of 1.X star which equals to 489 1 star ratings by consumers (lowest possible score), 68 two star ratings, 2 two star ratings, 4 four star ratings, and 2 one star ratings. This says it all!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

Comments

Same thing happened to me, class action suit needs to be filed against this fraudulent company, my contract was over after 3 years, canceled in year 5 yet still claimed that I owed $300 in early cancel fees.I will never in my lifetime work with ADT again and make sure that I help avoid any new customers from signing up with this fraudulent company.

Same thing happened to me exactly.

The sorry of security company out there lots of hidden charges and fees

ADT sucks, nothing but problems, those idiots even called the wrong police department when we had a break in. The police department was 2 hours away.

The police department had no idea where my address was. When went to cancel it we ask if everything was paid and they said yes.

3 weeks later we get a call from a collection agency saying we owed the past 3 months!

I recently reactivated a system already in my home from previous tenants. I was told that they would take the first month pay of 45.99 out once the system was working properly, come to find out they say it takes 30 days for it to process.

What type of mess is that? Why wait so long to do that? Now its showing on my bill as being pass due. However, I called them to terminate services and was told from one rep that I would owe 1,000 to cancel, and another rep said I would owe 1, 200 to cancel and I haven't even had the system for a month.

My job has cut my hours tremendously and there is no way I will be able to pay in full that amount to get out of this contract. I was so frustrated and pissed. Do ADT not care about the the people and their financial difficulties? We are suppose to be your customer and you would think they would have more options to keep us interested in their services.

All I want is to be out of this contract, but I know if I don't pay in full they will send to the collection agency, which I feel is unfair. My system is not even working because they battery is not properly working, I'm moving in with my mother because I can no longer afford to stay where I am at now. You think you are getting get service, caring individuals, but all your getting is a company who just want your money at any cost whether your on the *** of being homeless or jobless.

They need to change their policies because more and more people are unhappy and that is going to hurt their business if they dont start putting the needs of their customers first. So not happy.

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your exeprience with ADT and would like to assist you further.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. - Andrew

@Wonder

My husband and I are having the same difficulties and I WILL be contacting the media, not to mention all social media sites that my husband and I are connected with. This is atrocious and appalling!

I can be reached at sabrinaschmidt34@gmail.com. It may be wise for your company to contact me personally.

ADT Reviews