Manchester, New Hampshire
3.1

Update by user Mar 21, 2016

I did not know that ADT's cancellation policy requires a 30 day notice or customer is billed for 30 days. After 13 years of paying high prices for monitoring to ADT, I think I deserve a waiver of the cancellation fee.

Update by user Mar 20, 2016

I was not told the amount of my termination fee by customer service. I tried to put unknown in the monetary loss block here but it will not post without a number.

Please disregard that amount. I intend to call back customer service to ask for the amount charged.

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2016

After thirteen years as a residential customer of ADT,

I finally found the time to switch to another company that charges half the price for standard service but there is no contract. I gave a two week notice to ADT by phone.

I was surprised to hear I was liable for a payment because I did not give the company a 30-day notice!

I wrote a letter to the corporate office asking them to waive their termination fee because I did not know about the 30-day notice and I am poor. I will report the answer they give me to this site.

Reason of review: Termination of service charge.

Preferred solution: ADT should waive any termination fee. I have a two-week notice. I am elderly and live on a low income..

Comments

Update: I sent a letter to the corporate office address listed on ADT's website but it came back as undeliverable. In the letter, I asked for a waiver of the cancellation fee equal to a month's notice or at least, one-half that.

I gave up trying to reach an official in ADT and paid the balance of the cancellation fee.

It makes me angry that you have to pay money for no good reason.

There was nothing for the company to do, no equipment to return. After thirteen years as a continuous customer of ADT and an elderly retired person, I had hoped for better.

ADT Reviews