ADT SecureWatch - STAY AWAY!!!

813 of 880 Adt reviews

This company deals with "half truths." Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities.

Strictly for the birds.

As a salesperson, you are riding around in a van with your "team" (so you can be monitored). You are dropped off in a certain neighborhood and go door-to-door.

Keep in mind, you're out in all kinds of weather (heat wave, rain) having doors slammed in your face.

Secure Watch is continually hiring new employees (their usual lifespan is that of a fruit fly) because they impose numerous false deductions on your commissions.

And make no mistake about it; this is a straight commission gig.

Packages are sold on a "point system". The consumer is allowed so many points for their security package, with 8 allowable points (each door contact is 1 point, glass breaks or motion detectors are 2 points each…)

If the 8 points is exceeded, the salesperson's commission eats it.

Even if your paperwork is perfect, there are no point overages, they see fit to chip away at your paycheck, citing false point overages.

Conveniently enough, salespeople can't keep copies of contracts to contest these

Frequent erroneous deductions, and pay discrepancies - which gives the company free reign to literally steal from their employees – and they do with impunity.

There's no one to complain to, as management is constantly changing and shifting

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
813 of 880 Adt reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 17, 2013 #760049 Roanoke, Virginia, United States

I worked for securewatch in roanoke va and yes it sucked it wasn't what they made it out to be but honestly there were a quite few times where I did make good money. I mean one time I made almost $1,300 in a week. However yes sales and door to door does suck but I want people to keep in mind we are talking about SECURE WATCH NOT ACUAL ADT. I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WORKS FOR THE REAL ADT AND HE BRINGS HOME ABOUT 500 TO 600 A WEEK AT ABOUT 12.00 AN HR. Secure watch is just an AUTHORIZED DEALER NOT ACTUALLY ADT THE COMPANY.

Jan 07, 2014 #770118

Agree with you Secure Watch is a dealer is not ADT they own the customer for 90 days after they sign the contract and then the account is transfer to ADT after 90 days and the reason is because ADT is the only alarm security company who has five monitoring center no body else has the security networking ADT has it. I was a tech for that company a few years ago and I get pay by installation $90.00 each one same day and $70.00 for next day now I work for ADT and I get pay by hours with a lot of benefit is the best company and job ever has and I proud be part of ADT

2 0 Reply

Jan 22, 2015 #934991

Me too now I'm part of ADT since 2012 and is the best job I ever have in my all life ADT change my life

Nov 16, 2013 #743340 Houston, Texas, United States

ADT IS FULL OF IT! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN LIED TO IN AN INTERVIEW! I'D BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR 3 MONTHS & FINALLY THOUGHT I FOUND. A JOB THAT I COULD POSSIBLY RETIRE WITH! I WAS TOLD THAT I'D BE ANSWDO TOLD THAY ERING TELEPHONES! I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT I WOULD GET PAID $10 AN HOUR AND COMPENSATION RIGHT OF TRAINING WOULD BE $40,000 A YEAR! MAN YOU TALKING ABOUT PISSED WHEN I LEARNED THAT IT WAS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! COMMISSION BASED! I DONT HAVE COMMISSIONED BILLS! I WANTED GUARANTEED PAY LIKE NORMAL EMPLOYEES! I QUIT MY 3RD DAY THERE! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOONER. BUT EVERY QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED ABOUT PAY THE MANAGERS DODGES. & HAD THE NERVE TO GET AN ATTITUDE! DURING "TRAINING" WE ONLY STAYED FOR 2 HOURS AND ONLY GOT PAID $40. TRAINING LASTED 2 DAYS! THE THIRD DAY WAS STRICTLY COMMISSION! THE RECRUITER TEXTED MY PHONE THE DAY I QUIT URGING ME TO COME BACK! I MUSTVE CALLED HER EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK! LOCATION 11550 FUQA ST. HOUSTON TX 77036. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THERE! !!!

blahh

Sep 11, 2013 #715272 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i worked there for a while like 3 month worst experience ever!!!! i got three different time were i had a gun pulled out on me and i told the manager he just told me to keep knocken

I was a technician

Feb 10, 2013 #606945 New York, New York, United States

I have a reviews 50/50 when working with Secure Watch as installer technician in Miami Florida by year and a half and I will explain in this way
From my beginnings in December 2010 I was 45 days without receiving my paycheck because the manager who had claimed responsibility for the work that I install the same day at 90.00 dollars and 75.00 per squeduled as works that he executed so I never received compensation for such work despite having spent my time and gas to make them I still have evidence of such installations made it ??by me and I was not the only one who got this experience, but as I liked the work decide continue in the company, and after he was replaced it was when I started to receive my weekly payments in my case I did not mind working late at night since the work began the same day after 3 or 4 pm and in the morning a few times working in the previous day jobs or previously squeduled sometimes I have time during the morning or afternoon to do personal things if I had no job. Because my job depended vendors had not guaranteed a fixed income during the week but my weekly checks were often 1000.00 or more and sometimes 1700.00 and 2000.00 per week which I reported at the end of the year an estimated 53000.00 dollars that amount was because we were only 4 or 5 installers by that time and often finish work at 1 or almost 2 in the morning because I had days with almost 5 or 6 jobs per days but company began to change the sales manager every month after we
... Show more

Scam ADT Technicians

Jan 11, 2013 #592479 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

Watch out for ADT technicians that withhold vital information about the contract you sign. and point tell you what you are signing then opmit to tell you that you are locked in for 3yrs.
Then when you call customer service they are rude, they talk over you and refuse to put you through to a manager straight away.

I was advised against ADT after I signed with them. NEVER AGAIN!!! '

Make sure you read the fine print for yourself and don't let the technician rush you into signing anything, they cannot be trusted.

mickey

Jan 04, 2013 #589337 Lexington, Kentucky, United States

hey guys i just got a job at ADT and the guiy did explained that i would make lots of money? But after i read this I am a little intimidated

Nadia

Nov 29, 2012 #575771

please please file a complaint with ADT & BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ASAP. KEEP COMPLAINING TO ADT.

David

Nov 10, 2012 #567207

I was referred to the company via the newspaper for a warehousing job. I went for the interview and there was this 18ish year old guy throwing a football conducting interviews. He advised me that I was told there was no warehousing job, just strictly sales. He did not tell me it was straight commission at that point. Training occured where they gave us a script that was "guaranteed to sell the product and produce 6 figure income, the product sells itself"." This script has been proven to work." "we are not selling a system, we are giving it away and only asking in return that the customer keep the system monitored for 36 months."However, this was not the case. They would send us out with our "crew" in a van and they would drop us off in random neighborhoods to knock doors. ( This was so you could be monitored closely). They were doing busisness without a solicitation license in the localities we were being made go into. So 99% of the time we were getting the local police called on us. The company was advised about it being an illegal practice, at which point the branch manager stated " i dont care, fuc* a permit". They would find every excuse not to pay you what your " Commission" was. Not to mention being subjected to harsh cold/heat, rain, etc. Best advice is stay away from this company, it is a joke and complete *** ***.

Jamie

Oct 30, 2012 #561996

its all how u as an individual do business i worked there for 2 1/2 yrs made tons of money and had some of the best times in my life....i also can recall several situations where especially with the elderly i really helped...if u worked and didnt make. Money that was because you didn't want it bad enough.....personal i miss the old days and i wish nothing would have changed...i love my securewatch family and always will

0 1 Reply
ekalbino

Jan 04, 2013 #589262 Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Oh u must be friends with Matt Thompson (ceo) Gary Garrett and Elvin Terry and work for them under the new name Please stop lying to people u made money cuz ur white and lie alot

patrick`

Jul 18, 2012 #515180

this company is full of *** they ride around towns and bug the *** out of people no one wants people coming up to there house at 9 oclock at night waking my kid up if i see this van around i will call the cops or ill handle it myself and shoot the *** adt van they set in my yard for over an hour i told them lots of times to stay away but they keep bugging me.

ekalbino

Jan 04, 2013 #589261 Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Please don't I worked there for 8 months and only because It was the lowest point in my life and just trying to support myself! I had already lost everything and it was the fastest job I could find. The employees are generally good people just trying to make it and we only knock at 9 o'clock at night because the managers make us and you don't want to get fired.

2 0 Reply
Brandon

Jul 09, 2012 #509728

Secure watch adt is,bunch of bs *** wat this guy talking about..

No Permits

Jul 05, 2012 #507424

They DO NOT HAVE PERMITS, they lie about everything. They do listen to gangsta music while in high-end neighboorhoods, most of the people in the vans do use drugs, while working.

Feb 09, 2013 #606302 Newport News, Virginia, United States

Are you high? lol I worked in the Roanoke location and there were no drugs... You got me on the rap music though.

Kind Of Worried

Jun 27, 2012 #503291

My Girlfriend Just got hired on at Securewatch she say door to door sales & i di that before when i was younger selling magazines door to door for Jet & ebony we both n working but we need to pay bills so is it really worth it can we just work til we find a better job

wasEmployed

Jun 18, 2012 #498001

I will say this about SecureWatch, if you do like the door to door sales then you would do good at this job. But when the company does not have all the permits they are supposed to have (and this actually happened) the police can not only stop you but fine you (not a small fine either). Not just the "team leader" but everybody in the van. We got lucky and the Sgt. finally decided not to cite us but told us to stay out of town, even if/when we got the permits. If seen they will tell us to leave. Now mind you this happened in June of this year. 6 months into the year and they still didn't have their 2012 permits?

Oh and where was my $50 bonus for perfect paper work. Why did it take 3.5 weeks for my first check and then another 1.5 weeks for my second.

Why is the "team leaders" violating company policy by having customer's lie about being the home owner. We were at one house and even though the homeowners qualified they wanted the bill in their son's name 'cause he had a checking acct. The manager of the branch actually told him to lie on the phone. I filled out the insurance paperwork for the actual home owner and he had me sign the ADT order in which he put the son as the owner.

Another situation he actually asked if the aunt (who was visiting) would put it in her name (she didn't even live there) since the owner qualified but had no credit card or bank account in her name and hubby was unreachable.

Both of
... Show more

Mohamed

May 23, 2012 #484820

I currently employed at ADT Secuirity Watch in Cincinnati, OH. I never before worked at the unproffessional environment like this. The regional manager has affair with branch manager, my coworkers use drugs, the majority of them do not have neither car nor the place to stay. You don't get trained properly. They lie to you about the money that you can make. They don't treat you with respect and are full of *** about the product. They listen to the gangster music in the company van and offend some of the employees with it. Honestly don't waste your time on this company. Y
There is no growth and the legends about the great pay aren't true. If you don't believe me all you have to do go find out.

1-20 of 117 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.