Phoenix, Arizona

ADT installed an alarm system in my home that cannot be fully activated at night because you have to trip the motion detector coming downstairs to disarm the system. They didn't place monitors on any of the windows so the system is virtually useless at night.

They refuse to rectify the situation despite repeated written requests to do so. I also discovered that the system wasn't being monitored despite the almost $60 a month I was paying them. I triggered the alarm on purpose three separate times and never got a phone call. When I refused to pay the remainder of my contract until they addressed my issue, they refused to deal with me in writing, calling me at all hours, calling me at work, even calling the person who was designated as back-up in the event they couldn't contact me when the alarm went off!

What an *** joke.

They turned my account over to a collection agency who is now in the process of harrassing me. Needless to say, ADT won't get another single cent from me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

Comments

Why pay ADT $60 a month for the service fees? You can have your own home security system with NO contract and NO monthly service charge.

I did some researches and picked my alarm system from ProEPP.com. It is so far so good. We can have peace of mind whether we are asleep or on vacation. All the protection is under my own control.

I can easily call my alarm system, listen in via the build-in mic, arm, or disarm if necessary. As a bonus, the alarm host (control panel) can serve as a home phone.

In addition to the ADT/Brinks monthly service fees, there are complaints about the failures of the ADT/Brinks alarm system.

A ADT/Brinks yard sign next to the property might be meant as a preventive measure, but a crook who sees that yard sign will know exactly what to do before attempting to gain entry. He may just cut the phone line, shut the power supply, or damage the alarm units (most systems have delay), thus preventing the security alarm systems from notifying anyone of the break in.

ADT Reviews