Charlestown, Indiana

8/2009 - Signed up for ADT after a divorce when I moved into a new home.

8/2010 - Cancelled ADT when I moved to another County. Found out that I had signed a 3 year contract. Was never informed of this! WOuld have to pay over $400 (the remiander of my contract) to cancel. Instead I asked to transfer service to my new location.

8 & 9/2010 - What a mess. The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I would call to confirm my appointment and no one had any record of my appointment. Said I must have called an independent contractor and not ADT to make the switch. I said I called 1-800-ADT-ASAP so how was that possible. Between my fiance and I, we finally tracked down someone, somewhere who found me in the system.

9/10 - In order to install the service at the new house, the monthly payment increased by $20 becuase of hidden fees, you know the deal. I stupidly signed another contract, but made sure the sales rep. wrote that it was for the remianing 2 years and not another 3 year contract. Looking back, I would have been better of finacially to pay the $400 and get rid of ADT!

11/2010 - recived a letter stating ADT placed me in collections for the $400, even though I had a signed contract and they were automatically debiting my account! They resolved this, but wold not give me a formal letter saying it was resolved.

11/2010 - sent very detailed complaint letter to address I was given by customer service rep. who by the way did not apologize or ask if she could help. No response to my letter.

2/2011 - yes, i should have followed up sooner. I called ADT again and they had no record of a letter. I was told the first letter I sent didn't go to the right address and should go to an address in Aurora, CO. Sent the letter again. No response.

3/2011 - Called ADT again. Ended up speking with Jonathan. Not sure what his job is, but at least he apologized, although wasn't much help. Said the Colorado address only took complaints, but didn't respond to them. What??!! I said that made no sense and never got an answer that made sense. he said he would have ADT not bill me for two months (I bet that won't happen) but he would not let me out of my contract which is what I asked for. Iasked for a corporate address to send my complaints to and he said it wouldn't do any good becuase the letter goes back to him anyway. great! No accountability here...

So I am left with no resolution. All I want is a clean break from ADT and I will never return. I trusted this company with my family's security and they are unorganized, deceptive and I am not sure how else to describe them. I am filing a complaint with my state's Attorney General, but again what good will that do?

I hope ADT reads these messages.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

If u did, then u would know it's three years. If it's not printed on the contract, it's not real! Duh!

ADT is not perfect but if you speak to the right person they will solve your problem rather quickly.

For rebates Deals Specials and or billing and technical problem I use this number normally a supervisor will help you 1888-720-5982 mon thru friday 8am to 11pm saturday 9am to 10am sunday 10am to 6pm @ eastern time hope this helps you all. I use this number for additional credit and tech issues.

ADT Reviews