Canton, Georgia

I bought a home with a Brinks security system (now ADT). I am not paying for their service.

Shortly after moving in, the alarm started going off. At first, hitting cancel solved that and it was jut beeping. However, it got worse and worse to the point where it was now sounding a very loud obnoxious alarm and the frequency was increasing. Last night, it was going off all night...I'm talking a piercingly loud alarm all over the house, not just beeping.

Hitting cancel just wasn't working anymore. So, we called ADT after a long night of the alarm going off, an after attempting to troubleshoot... and not being able to solve the problem, I requested they send someone to fix it. The refused.

They said, since I am not a customer, they will not come out and fix the issue. They insisted I search the house for some transformer. I searched and searched to no avail. I again requested they send someone out.

They again refused, stating that I was not a customer. They insisted I continue to search for some transformer. I have no idea where it could be, I have searched the house multiple times. Please do NOT give ADT your business.

Any reputable company would have done the right thing. I will not be held hostage by a company. I will not be blackmailed into being a customer by anyone. ADT is a disgrace to customer service.

I have now posted reviews on over a dozen social media outlets.

I'm taking the day off from work t ensure this message is read by as many people as possible. My company utilizes ADT in 140 locations, and I am contacting them today to let them know I am looking for service from someone else.

Preferred solution: Come out to my home and resolve the issue.

Comments

I am confused. How can it be poor customer service if you are not a customer?

@Anonymous

They could have won me over. I have 140 restaurants that lost their busines.

ADT Reviews