Chandler, Arizona

ADT Security system is a total scam and ripoff!

They refuse to honor their warranty/maintenance aggreement despite numerous attempts/phone calls.

Today (april 6 2012) finally had a representative of ADT in Chandler AZ come to the house. This ADT rep. JOE MEDLOCK admitted that the security system installed was totally inappropriate for my

house...incorrectly place motion detectors, sensors, glass breaking sensor. As a result I have had a break in where the alarm never was triggered. On the other hand, the sensors they installed are defective, going off inappropriately...resulting in police coming out then issueing me $85 BILL due to faulty alarm. Joe Medlock, ADT rep, was the rudest guy, sleazy, creapy, had a cat "allergy" attack--told me he needed to leave and take a Benadryl (i have one cat). Before leaving he said the system was installed incorrectly by an "ADT dealer" thus the warranty/shoddy installment/etc is not valid....yet, they have been charging me every month for an extended warranty/service aggreement which is apparently useless due to this "exclusion". I would suggest using Guardian or another security system---have been

told they are ethical, do not pull this type of scam. In addition, I attempted to contact the company

today and was put on hold for 30+ minutes, then told I needed to call another number, was transferred hung up on.....DO NOT USE ADT!!!!!

cwoods

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

Got multiple (literally overlapping) calls from super-sketchy sounding people, one of whom was blunt, pushy, and graceless....

trying to set up a walkthrough to "assess" the security at the bookstore where I am working.

WOW did it ever stink of underpaid commission-driven exploitational business practices....I Googled ADT scam, and also dialed the 866 phone number back to see what answered...I don't think it was imposters; from the sound of the horror stories of ripoffs and outrageously bad customer service; this is actually ADT Security Services and their standard way of doing business.

I bet their upper management is blowin' through a lot of coke and crack!!!

Houma Louisiana, Was visited by ADT Salesman to switch from safe guard alarm to ADT. The totally screwed up my system, Getting false alarms constantly, Fire department always being sent to my home even when I tell them it is a false alarm.

They never finished the installation after over two weeks and I'm being charged for this ***.

I called the salesman that sold me this *** and he said he cannot help me. Be Warned.

Bought basic ADT and then updated it to ADT Pulse with the cellular notification. Cost me $500 additional installation fee.

Burgular broke into my house by smashing the glass sliding door. This set off the glass break sensor. Burgular then ripped the cellular panel out of the wall with wires exposed. ADT sends me a text saying low battery. A live person did not call me and they did not call the police. Home vandalized. Told ADT Rep this and they told me all I can do is cancel but I will be charged $400 cancellation fee. Will not repair/replace system unless I pay a repair fee.

ADT FAILS! Don't waste your money. You have been warned.

ADT Reviews