Killeen, Texas

This all started a couple nights ago at home. Someone knocked on my door and as a personal safety precaution, I do NOT open the door unless I am expecting guests. So after several knocks, I asked "who is it?" and they identified themselves as an ADT rep. I told them we are renters but the owners have an ADT system. The man said "okay, GOOD LUCK..." and my husband heard a noise. He opened the door and saw the guy taking the home's ADT security sign from our porch and loading it into his car and driving away. I have contacted the local and corporate offices for ADT. Initially, they all said the same thing: that doesn't sound right, it was after hours and we should file a complaint. We have filed several complaints, including the BBB. All have been ignored. They refuse to replace the ADT sign, even though it is part of the rental property and the owners of the home paid for the system INCLUDING the signs and stickers.

I tried to address this problem via their facebook page and they deleted my comments and blocked me from being able to comment on their fb page.

I have attempted every possible avenue in order to accomplish two things: replace the sign that the home came with (the owners paid for it!! Now I am liable for it missing!!) and send a company wide memo to ADT reps to not use threatening or intimidating language when addressing people in their homes! I have spoken to co-workers and I have heard of at least one other person getting the same treatment from an ADT employee.

THIS IS NOT OKAY. ADT Corporate said that they cannot have accountability of all their sales reps. That is not okay. What happens if one of these unscreened aggressive sales reps attacks somebody or decides to retaliate against a person simply because they cannot buy their services? THey are too aggressive and they are not being properly supervised!

ADT NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS AND ENSURE THEY ARE HIRING SAFE EMPLOYEES THAT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY AND NON AGGRESSIVELY WITH PEOPLE IN THEIR HOMES! you cannot bully or try to intimidate someone simply because they do not want to buy your services!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are looking for a home security system, do NOT go throught ADT. Their customer service is terrible and they do not care about people, just your money. They will not care about your complaints after you give them your credit card or money. Research them and you will find I am not the only person who has been personally intimidated or threatened by an ADT rep!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Replace the sign that the ADT rep stole and issue a company wide memorandum informing employees that they cannot threaten or intimidate or verbally bully people.

ADT Pros: Unsatisfactory, Stole my adt sign.

ADT Cons: Customer service, Rude staff, Aggressive, Bullying, Threatening adt rep.

Comments