Las Vegas, Nevada

I called ADT to cancel service at our home in CA 4-months ago as we were remodeling and turned off our landline. The representative talked me into not closing my account entirely but choosing a "Construction Hold." She said they would turn it off (put my account on hold) for up to 3-months but and (if) I chose to turn it back on this would save me having to pay a new start charge.

I agreed after confirming that it would not automatically restart as we were considering renting that home out and moving to Las Vegas.

Three months passed and on Dec. 07 I noticed on my credit card that they charged me again?

I called and asked for a refund as I had not asked for service to start. We have rented our CA home as of Dec. 01 and now live in Las Vegas. The rep I talked to confirmed that there was a note in the file that service was not to be resumed unless the customer requested that it be resumed. He apologized and promised a refund would be issued.

SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD SEVERAL CALLS FROM ADT TRYING TO GET ME TO START SERVICE IN VEGAS (we do have a ADT system in our home here.)

But as of today (Jan 3) no refund has been applied to my credit card.

So...I called again today. I HELD FOR 20-MINUTES and then talked to snarky Jeremy who informed me that I had no refund coming. That I did not choose a constuction hold, that I chose to use a $90.00 + credit that I had (that I was never told about until today) to pay the three hold months? He also said the service was never turned off?

WHY THE *** WOULD I USE MY CREDIT TO PAY FOR THREE MONTHS WHEN WE HAD NO LAND LINE SO THEREFORE NO SERVICE???

If I had been made aware (and I was not) that I had a credit, I would have used it toward the cost of turning the ADT back on in CA or in Vegas, not to pay three months of nothing!

He transferred me to a higher up who was equally rude. Jeremy and his superior informed me that there was not a note in the file that the service was not to be resumed unless requested by the customer???? Why would the rep two weeks ago say there was a note in the file, if there was not?

I am on this account althogh the contract was signed by my partner Walt. I am the first person to be called, I paid the bill for five years, etc. The last person I talked to today asked me the password on the account. I told her. Then she said she could not even close the account NOW without talking to Walt!!!!!

Walt was right here and told her off too.

I am not even sure that the account is closed yet?

I expect to be billed for another month!

THIS WHOLE MATTER MAKES ADT FOOLS. We have already purchased two D-link IP Motion Detector Cameras for $120.00 (one time cost) which are linked to our computer and smartphomes. Our phone notifys us if anyone enters our homeand we can actually see them on out phone!

With todays Smart Phones, we don't need ADT so it would be SMART for them to stop being jerks to their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

Comments