Seminole, Florida
1.3

Update by user Apr 08, 2015

ADT offered to cut early termination fee to half, but why should I pay half price for zero value? I mean it's 100% their fault and if I had the money I would sue them for 100 Millions to compromise our business because now no security company will serve us any more and no police will ever come to our location on an alarm and again I have to say it's only THEIR fault.

Buttom-line: they provide zero service to my location, damage my business and still ask for money.

Total rip-off and stealing money. So if some lawyer wants to take the chance - please go ahead and let me know.

Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2015

I signed a business contract with ADT securities and wrote down (in the contract) my cell phone as emergency contact. Everything was fine, till I was informed by the city police that they will not respond to alarms of my business locations any more because of too many false alarms.

Wow ... So I contacted ADT and asked why they didn't inform me on my cell phone and they said that the number was not there in their files (on the computer). But it was in the contract which we signed! So it was their fault not to enter it in their computer system.

Now I've sold my business, but the buyer didn't take over my ADT account because ... of course ... it's useless because police won't respond to alarms any more. So I will have to pay one more year for nothing or have to pay $547.13 early termination fee - according to ADT.

I think my damage is huge - not only the $547.13, but also maybe the landlord will sue me now because of the ruined reputation and less likelihood to lease the business location (without security).

and as well maybe I won't be able to get any security protection at all in St. Petersburg because the city / police won't come to my location(s) any more because of what happened.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

ADT Cons: Customer service, Lack of ethics, Product, Not fulfilling their obligations, Not inform about alarms.

Comments

Wonder

Hello. I work with ADT's corporate office.

I apologize for the inconvenience this concern has caused and we'd like to help address this. Please email us your contact information, for where your service was located, to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'll reach out to assist you.

Thank you. -Andrew